Biden's America

How it started 

how it’s going

How the current in school environment already is

What in the heck is Biden actually doing?  First it’s he’s gonna open schools, then it’s rolled back to open half by some time in April one day a week????   We are already past that mark.  Maybe he would like to further the process instead of roll it back.  Kinda like the vaccination goal.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

How it started 

how it’s going

How the current in school environment already is

What in the heck is Biden actually doing?  First it’s he’s gonna open schools, then it’s rolled back to open half by some time in April one day a week????   We are already past that mark.  Maybe he would like to further the process instead of roll it back.  Kinda like the vaccination goal.  

Yes, because republocan governors are fully cooperating with the goals of this administration. There is a difference between getting kids in school safely and just saying the heck with it and tossing them in, with a "good luck kid." 

Keep trolling, your salient points continue to resonate throughout the land.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

If a goal is to get all schools opened by April 1st...the new goal might as well just be to wait until next year.  Open for 6 weeks (or so), stupid idea.

If you are not currently an open school, and your goal date is 4/1, make a new goal.  Not worth it.

If you are open, good for you and hopefully it is working out.  It is at my school.

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If a goal is to get all schools opened by April 1st...the new goal might as well just be to wait until next year.  Open for 6 weeks (or so), stupid idea.

If you are not currently an open school, and your goal date is 4/1, make a new goal.  Not worth it.

If you are open, good for you and hopefully it is working out.  It is at my school.

I guess I would like to know....why aren't they open now?  It's becoming clear that schools that do the basic precautions of everyone wearing masks...etc, are not mass spreaders of the virus.  It seems to me that if you're not open, you're not open for other reasons than the pandemic.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I would like to know....why aren't they open now?  It's becoming clear that schools that do the basic precautions of everyone wearing masks...etc, are not mass spreaders of the virus.  It seems to me that if you're not open, you're not open for other reasons than the pandemic.

Good question and I have no idea.  

Fear?  Not really sure.

The fear of kids having it and spreading it?

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Our school district ran into issues of not having enough teachers for in person due to quarantining.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, that's proven to not be a big issue.  So, teachers in cities like Chicago that are refusing to go back to school, are doing so for other reasons than the pandemic.

Oh Chicago?

Yeah, they are doing it because they have the city by the balls.  If you teach in a crappy CPS school, you don't want to go back.  No chance.  I would not be shocked if there were CPS teachers that were double dipping right now, subbing in other schools or even over into Indiana, and making bank.

This is also a chance for the CPS teachers union to really turn the screws and demand more and more and more.

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Our school district ran into issues of not having enough teachers for in person due to quarantining.

Wow!  I wonder if all that was legit, it probably was but if a teacher was going to take advantage of free time off, now would be the time!

Also, getting subs right now is a pain in the a$$!

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...so that should be a rather short term issue.  Are you open now?

Teachers had to quarantine if they were exposed to someone who tested positive, which was a big problem last fall into the winter. With the number of cases in the district going down, it hasn't been a problem for a while. K-5 went back end of Jan. I'm not sure about 6-12.

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh Chicago?

Yeah, they are doing it because they have the city by the balls.  If you teach in a crappy CPS school, you don't want to go back.  No chance.  I would not be shocked if there were CPS teachers that were double dipping right now, subbing in other schools or even over into Indiana, and making bank.

This is also a chance for the CPS teachers union to really turn the screws and demand more and more and more.

That's my feelings.  They are using this as an opportunity to hold it over the city or do something else.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's my feelings.  They are using this as an opportunity to hold it over the city or do something else.

For sure!

I read this article a few years back about teachers that were "in trouble" but since the Union protected them, they reported to a warehouse each day, from 8-3 with other teachers that were also in trouble.   So some sat there for years, getting paid, while the cases were being reviewed.  Amazing!

10 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yes, because republocan governors are fully cooperating with the goals of this administration. There is a difference between getting kids in school safely and just saying the heck with it and tossing them in, with a "good luck kid." 

Keep trolling, your salient points continue to resonate throughout the land.

So you are anti science now?  You don’t follow the data?  

actual scientific data coming from none other than Biden’s CDC and state health agencies clearly show that schools have an extremely low amount of spread and kids would be safer from Covid in school those 8 hrs of the day than in the community.   

I don’t understand why you are anti science on this and don’t believe the experts. 

• Plus1 1

My wife has been in-person since the beginning, outside of teaching from home for 10 days due to a student testing positive. Other students that had been exposed to people with COVID did on-line while they quarantined and the rest of the class was in school.

• Plus1 1