Biden's America

20 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Or we could pay people more to actually work...

BS.  

there are lots of jobs out here that pay over the proposed $15 per hour in areas with low cost of living and people are still sitting at home because of this. 

I was all for temporarily helping people who were affected by shut downs. But in a lot of areas that is over and people still would rather sit at home pulling unemployment when there are decent paying jobs out there. 

if my math is correct, someone that used to make 15 per hour, now is sitting at home collecting the equivalent of 26.25 per hour. No, it’s time for that to stop. That’s the equivalent of 55,000 per year. 

• Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

BS.  

there are lots of jobs out here that pay over the proposed $15 per hour in areas with low cost of living and people are still sitting at home because of this. 

I was all for temporarily helping people who were affected by shut downs. But in a lot of areas that is over and people still would rather sit at home pulling unemployment when there are decent paying jobs out there. 

I have students making 17 an hour right now.

Pretty soon, not only will they be smarter than me but they will be making more than me.  The classroom will be chaos!  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

BS.  

if my math is correct, someone that used to make 15 per hour, now is sitting at home collecting the equivalent of 26.25 per hour. No, it’s time for that to stop. That’s the equivalent of 55,000 per year. 

55k? So what? That will give you a solid income with the ability to save for retirement.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This quote is disgusting. At my work the janitors come in every single day and work hard, and the security personnel are always present. When I go to the grocery store the shelves are always stacked and the employees are pleasant. When I eat out the waiters/hostess and everyone make sure I have an enjoyable experience; and when I've traveled the hotels are always clean. All of these folks make something close to minimum wage and have put their lives on the line to get us through the pandemic, and to ensenuate folks like them are lazy, and to do so to score political points, is unbecoming of a senator.

Some of these politicians are playing games with their lobbyist friends (all of which had the benefit of teleworking) so that the hurt in this country can persist and they won't have to pay higher taxes. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So basically a typical mild Midwest spring or fall day. Got it. :lol:

Sort of serious though.

I Know right? :lol:  I remember planning and preparing for those kind of months ahead as a kid in south Omaha, and living near the stockyards.  

Trust me brother, we don't get that hear in tx, louisiana, mississippi, alabama, georgia and florida lol

8 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

This quote is disgusting. At my work the janitors come in every single day and work hard, and the security personnel are always present. When I go to the grocery store the shelves are always stacked and the employees are pleasant. When I eat out the waiters/hostess and everyone make sure I have an enjoyable experience; and when I've traveled the hotels are always clean. All of these folks make something close to minimum wage and have put their lives on the line to get us through the pandemic, and to ensenuate folks like them are lazy, and to do so to score political points, is unbecoming of a senator.

Some of these politicians are playing games with their lobbyist friends (all of which had the benefit of teleworking) so that the hurt in this country can persist and they won't have to pay hire taxes. 

Maybe I am reading it wrong but I don't think he is talking about people that are working.

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You have got to F’ing be kidding me. 

Sitting at home and collecting a check from the government is not for what you just said. 

Rodrigo didn't say anything to hurt your clout.  He only said, "so what?" and provided a positive outlook.

If it was me, I'd say the same, and mind your own business.  :)

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe I am reading it wrong but I don't think he is talking about people that are working.

What I get from his quote is 'people who would have made less than the received unemployment benefits, which are likely the minimum wage workers, are not coming back to work as they are compensated more not to work.' And he's faulting the govt for said unemployment benefits.  I'm saying many min. wage people are working. Idk why the jobs came up the way they did, but it's not because min wage folks are lazy and unwilling to work.