Biden's America

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

In what way did Dems compromise in 2017/2018?  Or did they just #resist?

For example, McConnell threw out the filibuster when it was time for the GOP to get their SC nominee through the process, but Dems continue to debate whether they should do the same for things they want to get through.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

For example, McConnell threw out the filibuster when it was time for the GOP to get their SC nominee through the process, but Dems continue to debate whether they should do the same for things they want to get through.

Ya that would be a Harry Reid issue.  Take it up with him. 

• Plus1 2

I'm personally not in favor of getting rid of the filibuster.  It seems to me that it's always supported by the party in charge when they can't work with the other party.  The republicans wanted to get rid of it when they were in charge to slam through the SC nominee and the Dems cried about it.  Now, Dems want to get rid of it and Repubs are crying about it.

Meanwhile, neither side acknowledges that they cry too.

By keeping it in place, maybe, at some point, these parties will realize they need to work together on something.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm personally not in favor of getting rid of the filibuster.  It seems to me that it's always supported by the party in charge when they can't work with the other party.  The republicans wanted to get rid of it when they were in charge to slam through the SC nominee and the Dems cried about it.  Now, Dems want to get rid of it and Repubs are crying about it.

Meanwhile, neither side acknowledges that they cry too.

By keeping it in place, maybe, at some point, these parties will realize they need to work together on something.

Republicans and some Democrats came out with a statement in support of the filibuster when Trump whined about getting rid of it so your narrative of events isn’t really true 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This has nothing to do with Biden but no other place to put this.  But, what is the purpose of a security guard again?

I think security guards are told to just observe and report but not really engage?

And the comments are awesome!  

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Reid got rid of the Federal judiciary filibuster.  McConnell isn’t to blame. 

Republicans Abandon the Filibuster to Save Neil Gorsuch

Republicans on Thursday ended decades of Senate tradition by changing the rules to keep Democrats from blocking President Trump’s nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. On a strict party-line vote at the direction of Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the Senate invoked what has become known as the “nuclear option” and formally lowered the threshold for ending debate on a nomination to 51 votes from 60, paving the way for Gorsuch to win confirmation on Friday.

• Plus1 1