Nebraska is not a good football team

I am I

5 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Discipline needs to be the primary focus in practice. Every day.

- too many penalties

- too many mistakes that show a lack of football awareness

- too many risky designs in our base plays (in regards to ball security). Our centers snap too high and our QBs have a problem securing the shotgun ball. Call more plays under center. Reduce the amount of receiver motions at the snap; no one is buying Warner is getting it on a sweep and it only creates risk of the WR getting between C-QB at the snap. Reduce the amount of handoff reads between the QB-HB; our meshes aren’t secure enough. Train the QB to go upfield no matter what if they pick up their own fumble; Luke in particular makes boneheaded mistakes post-fumble recovery.

We may be less explosive (at least in theory... since we’re not explosive), but these changes would make us resemble a football team.

Hate the warner motion! 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

All this talk about "we want to play" for 0-2. This is piss poor coaching and frost needs to take ownership for his offense. Defense held to 321 yards and two picks. The defense did their job and the offense sucked yet again.

Offense had 445 yds and twice the first downs. It was turnovers, penalties and questionable play calling in the red zone.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Offense had 445 yds and twice the first downs. It was turnovers, penalties and questionable play calling in the red zone.

Yeah, but I'm getting sick and tired people talking about penalties. ALL TEAMS GET PENALTIES! But our team seems to be the only team where it is debilitating.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am not sure what to think of the red zone calls. We were not running the ball well with our backs in the middle of the field. Frost did not have a lot of good options.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

It’s even simpler than that... just throw some freaking posts, fades, downfield option routes. Even if we suck at it, the threat at least makes the defense think about it. These dumb 20 yard pass sideway routes that only

go 3-5 yards forward are called too often and they’ve NEVER been productive. It lets the defense creep up and stack more against the run threat

and its not a talent issue.:: there is speed and size at the wide out position. While they’re young, they aren’t out talented by a northwestern team that was trash last year 

I disagree. Talent takes a 3 yd hitch and turns it into 10. 

a RB breaks a tackle and gets 4-8. 

Our scheme isn’t good and our players don’t make plays. 

we look like a script, ‘run this then that’...when it doesn’t work, we are 3 n out or just scrambling around. 

Turn the corner? Get us early or else? Or else what? More crappy play?

I made a thread calling this our super bowl because I felt we needed to come out today and play well, if not dominate, in all phases, and gain the confidence for Penn State next week.

We didn't and now we're looking down the barrel of 2-5 or worse.

This coaching question is something we haven't got right since Tom hung it up. 

We showed no patience with Frank and fired him before we had a real plan and settled for Bill. Tom came in as AD and without a real national search went with his first instinct in Bo. Eichorst didn't like Bo but had no plan and so we settled for Mike

Mike was awful.

We didn't do a national search and went with our first instinct...Scott.

Until we do a deep dive and find a formula and hire the man who will make that formula happen, we are screwed.

This no plan or hire the first person you can think of BS has ended in disaster after disaster.