Nebraska is not a good football team

I am I

4 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

People keeps saying who’s flashed or not but how can you in an offense that seems to have 7 plays in the entire playbook. We definitely have enough skill players what else does this guy need to show he can actually coach 

QB - both are limited once you take their legs out the equation but I’ve seen offensive minded coaches win with less. But the lack of Martinez progression in the pass game says a lot about the lack of player development. 

RB - Mills, Thompkins and Scott all look like strong athletes to me. Once again with coaching if why is Wandale not getting touches out of the backfield because it doesn’t translate to his future at the next level either he does what’s best for the team or he can go that’s how you build culture instead of always blaming the players when they don’t have discipline or direction. 

WR - Put the athletes on the field and throw them the ball. 

Why do so many of these top Tier teams win with True Freshman QB's?

He's not the guy.  

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Why do so many of these top Tier teams win with True Freshman QB's?

He's not the guy.  

He definitely isn’t when he has a coach that can’t adjust to his players skill sets or develop areas of weakness. Also top tier teams have top tier talent that’s not our current situation 

3 minutes ago, Farms said:

Also can anybody tell me why Frost has completely abandoned running up-tempo in year 3?

Because when you s#!t the bed and start playing from behind you don't want you defense to be right back on the field again. Same thing we complained about with Beck.

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

There is progress in every aspect of the program except offense.  Many have forgotten how awful the D and special teams were last year. 

The offense is stone cold terrible.  The only moved the ball because of turnovers and questionable PI calls against Northwestern.

He needs to pull the trigger this week.  Frost is losing these games by not putting the right guy(s) on the field.

Well the offense moved the ball many drives but they were stopped due to penalties or just pi*s poor play calling.  We had 446 total yards where Iowa last week only had 293 total yards.  Our offensive line also is blocking well, but its the fundamentals and play calling and the decision by Frost to keep Martinez in for 3 quarters that cost us the game.  Had Luke played this entire game Nebraska wins.  

• Plus1 3

I didn't read any previous posts so I apologize if I am being redundant. But for everyone who instantly would blame Chins because it was low hanging fruit, AND because you didn't want to blame Scott. Well it's time to shut the hell up. These three years is on the head man and himself only. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I didn't read any previous posts so I apologize if I am being redundant. But for everyone who instantly would blame Chins because it was low hanging fruit, AND because you didn't want to blame Scott. Well it's time to shut the hell up. These three years is on the head man and himself only. 

That D has gone from a JV squad that can't tackle to a respectable unit.  They are not getting enough credit.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, huskerfan702 said:

Easy to say but the reality is we have two limited QBs and a coach who hasn’t put them in situations to succeed based on their strengths. 

We only know that we have one limited QB.  The back up may be, but we have no way to reasonably make that determination yet.  He hasn't had 3 years of starting.  He doesn't even have 3 quarters of play.

9 minutes ago, CornBro86 said:

This Scott Frost experiment is going to end very badly. The Football culture is cancer, the coach staff is in over their heads, mini tyrants run the AD, and the coach is 9-17. There is a reason players keep transferring out of the program. 

That's the worst take I've seen on this. Can you transfer off the board? 

Not one player has complained about the culture so to says it's cancer is not very smart.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, tmfr15 said:

Turn the corner? Get us early or else? Or else what? More crappy play?

I made a thread calling this our super bowl because I felt we needed to come out today and play well, if not dominate, in all phases, and gain the confidence for Penn State next week.

We didn't and now we're looking down the barrel of 2-5 or worse.

This coaching question is something we haven't got right since Tom hung it up. 

We showed no patience with Frank and fired him before we had a real plan and settled for Bill. Tom came in as AD and without a real national search went with his first instinct in Bo. Eichorst didn't like Bo but had no plan and so we settled for Mike

Mike was awful.

We didn't do a national search and went with our first instinct...Scott.

Until we do a deep dive and find a formula and hire the man who will make that formula happen, we are screwed.

This no plan or hire the first person you can think of BS has ended in disaster after disaster.

I would say this is somewhat true. Billy might have been okay had he attempted to have a good defense. But to your point I definitely don’t think he was the first choice. Probably should have stuck with Frank, as you implied. 

Pelini was definitely the first choice for Tom, and I think most husker fans were in the same boat. I was definitely over Pelini by the end of it , but his win column, despite how bad some of his defenses became in the last 3 or 4 years, was no small accomplishment. 

Mike was a disaster from the start. No argument there, Don’t think he was the first choice though. 

The Frost hire I disagree with you. I don’t disagree that he was the first and only choice. However, nobody it their right mind would have not offered the job. He was by far the hottest name on the market, and had he not been offered the job we would probably be in the same boat, on this board talking about how absolutely ridiculous it is that Scott Frost isn’t our coach right now. 

• Plus1 3