Who should be our starting QB?

Moiraine

Who should be our starting QB?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The old saying rings true “if you have two quarterbacks, you have none” AM doesn’t seem to be playing well with Luke lurking in the shadows. I’d take the AM that let it fly as a freshman vs the AM now that seems to be trying to hard. As much as I hate to be negative about a player, he flat out sucked today.

• Fire 1

56 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I certainly can’t speak for every play, but I’m positive I saw Luke scan a couple times.

I swear AM knows where he wants to go before the snap unless he scrambles

There were a few times look would be in the pocket forever and then just dump it off to Mills, so he was definitely scanning on a few plays. Other plays, like his int at the goal line, it felt like that was the only receiver in the play that was designed for him to look at. While that throw was terrible, a single crossing route passing play 3 yards from the end zone where there was lot of traffic is more on the coaches. Outside passing plays and edge rushing was working. The coaches needed to put the team in a better position to succeed than with "simple read" plays like that 

McCaffrey needs to start Penn State IMO. This team needs a spark. Let’s give Luke an entire game.  PSU is struggling, but if they come into Lincoln and beat us while we go with our status quo offense of the past three seasons, we will go into Iowa with no confidence and no chance to not get whipped. We think we’ve already seen rock bottom?  I don’t want to imagine how bad that would be. 

• Plus1 2

Short answer: Luke

Long answer: Its hard to make the call based solely on the production from each player today, due to the fact Luke had the benefit of having the more talented personnel on the field with him for most of his time in the game.  From a decision making standpoint, you can lean towards Luke.  2AM's INT in the end zone was a poor decision.  Understanding where we were in the game, the premium on even the 3 points a field goal would provide, there was simply no reason to go YOLO bomb.  It wasn't even a 50/50 ball,  there were 3 defenders to our 1 TE.  Can't excuse that, not from a 3rd year QB. Luke's INT was just a bad playcall that spiraled down.  It was as much as an indictment against the coaching staff as it was against Luke.  We've got to find a goal line offense, and the pistol RPO isn't it.  

I'm sure i'm in the minority but I believe Martinez should start. That said, Frost needs to get more creative in getting Luke on the field. I'd like to see us use Luke and Adrian more interchangeably on the field together similar to Taysom Hill with the Saints who is a jack of all trades and lines up at every spot on the field including taking some snaps. 

We need to figure out a way to stop shooting ourselves in the foot early in the games. Martinez is a rhythm player and he can be creative when he's in that flow. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to sustain the flow early in games and it's killing any early momentum. That is what I'm looking forward to the coaches fixing most as I don't see QB play one of the key reason for the loss today versus much more questionable play calling.

Positive from today... run defense looked like it might help us stay in a lot of games this year.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

It’s also possible Martinez has a bias for certain players and McCartney doesn’t. 

OIP.FFzA4ZGol6jAJXVxFKw6mgHaKQ?pid=Api&r

I guess I'm distracted today.

26 minutes ago, zero_blitz said:

Short answer: Luke

Long answer: Its hard to make the call based solely on the production from each player today, due to the fact Luke had the benefit of having the more talented personnel on the field with him for most of his time in the game.  From a decision making standpoint, you can lean towards Luke.  

Why did Luke have the more talented personnel on the field and Adrian didn't?

• Haha 2