Who should be our starting QB?

Moiraine

Who should be our starting QB?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We go all school girl about AMs first season, but he was a turnover machine that year too.

Defenses are doing exactly what they did to Taylor Martinez and Tommy Armstrong......stopping the run and daring the QB to win.  We all know this won’t work.

He seems like a great kid, but he should be done...period.  His play is the anchor on this team right now, followed closely by dumb penalties.  

Luke, a rookie, isn’t coming in to win the game after the hole that was already dug.  Give this kid the ball from this point forward.

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

After watching this I think Luke has the moxie and the want to,  but he looks not great throwing the ball. Adrian is a head case and has the yips, probably a terminal case. We should win more with Luke, I get why they want Martinez to start, he is way more talented as a passer but has just lost it.

I’m not sure I agree.  Martinez of old I would agree now I just watch him under throw  pass after pass

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think it's a clear choice now. McCaffrey had 2 fewer completions today than Martinez, on 15 fewer attempts. McCaffrey also had more yards per attempt. He is also much more decisive when it comes to choosing to run and then during the actual run. Martinez has regressed in every aspect of the game.

112 to 75 QB rating

Just now, RedSavage said:

I’m not sure I agree.  Martinez of old I would agree now I just watch him under throw  pass after pass

Talent and results are different things definitely, which is why I think he has just lost it.  Luke has, let's be honest, not the greatest throwing motion. PSU will load up and make us throw with either QB and it won't be good.

10 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

That's what the yips would cause.

10 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

We go all school girl about AMs first season, but he was a turnover machine that year too.

Defenses are doing exactly what they did to Taylor Martinez and Tommy Armstrong......stopping the run and daring the QB to win.  We all know this won’t work.

He seems like a great kid, but he should be done...period.  His play is the anchor on this team right now, followed closely by dumb penalties.  

Luke, a rookie, isn’t coming in to win the game after the hole that was already dug.  Give this kid the ball from this point forward.

I think if Luke had had one more series we would have won, but he should have had 3 more series than what he got.

19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Frustrating thing is that Martinez has still been making some great plays with his legs.  Unfortunately his decision making in the passing game over the course of 4 quarters is still costing us.  

Frost hung with him too long today.  Cost us the ball game imo.

Play calling in the red zone cost us IMO

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1