Northwestern Takeaways

BIG ERN

12 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think I would feel optimistic if it weren’t for the QB situation. Front 7 is pretty young, clearly improved and plays violently.  Offensive line is young and will anchor this team in the near future. 

AM is officially a head case. I can’t understand where this kid went. He made a deep throw in the Horseshoe as a freshman that was as impressive as I’ve ever seen, and I was sure he was destined for greatness. That kid is gone and I’m not sure where he went. But Verdusco and Frost have a lot to answer for IMO. That’s the reason I am annoyed today. 

He's the QB coach.....and AM has regressed.......

Just now, knapplc said:

This is true. The defense isn't sound yet. But it is definitely showing improvement at a faster pace than the offense.

I agree. I get frustrated at the D at times but I see improvement. Individual talent is looking impressive as well. 

O I can’t even go there. I can’t believe we are this pathetic in year 3. I remember after year 1 it was a foregone conclusion Martinez was leaving for the draft in 2020 ha

5 minutes ago, Comish said:

I'll bite. How many 3rd and 7, where they got eight; or third and eight where they got nine; or third and nines where they got 10 was Chin able to prevent? Not nearly enough, especially in crucial situations.

I'm used to that and it is almost an expectancy. 

Again, as the biggest unbeliever in the guy, the defensive play today should be on the right side of the scoreboard.  Something I can't say about most of his performances.  

I still think he is in over his head

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Can someone explain to me why in the world would choose a pass play when your running game is working and you are only a few yards from the end zone? I just don’t get that:bang

I remember telling people that i wasn't sure people would like his offense. I mean we don't like, but I think the play calling is sus.

11 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I'm used to that and it is almost an expectancy. 

Again, as the biggest unbeliever in the guy, the defensive play today should be on the right side of the scoreboard.  Something I can't say about most of his performances.  

I still think he is in over his head

Yep and yep.

7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

This sums up our progress in the Frost era...I had such high hopes for him being the one who brings Nebraska back to glory...might still happen but I am afraid that husker nation is beginning to lose hope.

Today I decided it's not gonna happen.  This is year 3 and they're going to have a losing record.  Recruiting will now start to suffer, might have transfers.

Time to look in the mirror Scott.

• Plus1 2

Just now, runningblind said:

Today I decided it's not gonna happen.  This is year 3 and they're going to have a losing record.  Recruiting will now start to suffer, might have transfers.

Time to look in the mirror Scott.

If I'm any of the better recruits and players here ,I'm looking for something else, frost has shown no improvement on offense since he came here, chin at least has his guys somewhat better  but this ships taking on water fast. His second season at ucf was a fluke 

19 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

If I'm any of the better recruits and players here ,I'm looking for something else, frost has shown no improvement on offense since he came here, chin at least has his guys somewhat better  but this ships taking on water fast. His second season at ucf was a fluke 

That’s what worries me. You can’t say look at what we did at UCF anymore. Recruiting will start to suffer. Luke, Wandale, Mills, Omar even Adrian. Those guys are as good as we are gonna get here and you can’t convince me they are less talented than most of the B1G so what’s the issue? We better make something happen soon otherwise things are going to get even harder in my opinion.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think I would feel optimistic if it weren’t for the QB situation. Front 7 is pretty young, clearly improved and plays violently.  Offensive line is young and will anchor this team in the near future. 

This is one thing that has me pretty optimistic. How long have we been complaining that we can't compete in the trenches? That is changing and its evident. That's where it all starts so im hopeful we are moving in the right direction. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Everyone hates on Chin and of course they could be better, but I feel like the low hanging fruit of this team is finishing in the red zone and dumb offensive penalties.  Second, I would say special teams.  I think this year and last our defense played well enough for us to win a couple more.

Agreed. Our defense played well, but had a busted run and a bad opening second half drive. Outside of that, it was a pretty good day.