Stay calm

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Someone suggested hiring a guy named Orgeron but I knew with the current political climate that could never happen here. He’s known as a tough guy.... doesn’t carry a purse..... wouldn’t take the team for ice cream. You get the picture.... let’s just continue to look like a flag football team.

Orgeron’s 2020 team suxs. 

• Thanks 2

I swear I just wanna say to some people "Take a f#&%ing look around you!"

This season is bats#!t crazy, and the two teams we've lost to are tied with Indiana(!) for first place in the conference right now. The two lowest teams in the East right now are Michigan and Penn State. And while we were (supposed to be) in the first game that was cancelled, it's probably safe to say that there's more to come.

Just take this s#!tshow of a year for what it is and get ready to move on to next year.
  • Plus1 2

Yeah I'm not panicking as many are doing.  We were not going to beat OSU to begin with.  And I would ask, could we have won at NW?  I think so.  The opportunity was there. But at the same time, we shot ourselves in the foot again.  And now NW has 2 quality wins (Iowa & Huskers), so I give them credit.  Even though their offense is boring, slow, and kind of awful at times. 

Having said that, I'm ready for Penn State.  If there is ever a time to beat the Nittany Lions, it's this year.  Even though it's hard to image PSU going 0-4 to start the season, it could happen in Lincoln.  Who knows, but come Saturday we shall see.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Toe said:
I swear I just wanna say to some people "Take a f#&%ing look around you!"

This season is bats#!t crazy, and the two teams we've lost to are tied with Indiana(!) for first place in the conference right now. The two lowest teams in the East right now are Michigan and Penn State. And while we were (supposed to be) in the first game that was cancelled, it's probably safe to say that there's more to come.

Just take this s#!tshow of a year for what it is and get ready to move on to next year.

Excuses...excuses...we have become brilliant at comforting ourselves by blaming everything except the lack of execution and undisciplined play...is COVID responsible for us continuing to shoot ourselves in the foot by committing stupid penalties or is it responsible for Frost being unable to call effective plays in the red zone...come on...this is exactly what we have been seeing for three years now. I understand that we need to be patient and that this year is a dumpster fire but let us not blame COVID for our loss to a not so good northwestern team. I guess I already know the excuse for our upcoming loss to penn state next week...COVID-19 made me do it.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

a not so good northwestern team.

Northwestern is currently sitting at the top of the conference standings, has the #7 scoring/#18 total defense, and #10 turnover margin (we broke even vs them), but OK, sure, they're "not so good".

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, HANC said:

it just puts a bad look for potential recruits whom cruise boards like this.

I really doubt there's many recruits cruising boards like this. Twitter, on the other hand...

16 minutes ago, Toe said:

Northwestern is currently sitting at the top of the conference standings, has the #7 scoring/#18 total defense, and #10 turnover margin (we broke even vs them), but OK, sure, they're "not so good".

Northwestern is not that good. Wait till they play some real opponents before you make them look like world beaters...come on...be real...we had many opportunities to beat them and we pissed them away. Stop trying to make northwestern be a powerhouse. What will be your excuse if we lose to penn state who has been awful this year? I am sure you are very creative and I look forward to your excuse...bottom line, we are not that good...admit it. Even Rutgers performed better than us against Ohio state. Until I see us pull ONE decent game where we execute and do not shoot ourselves in the foot, I stay skeptical as to our improvement as a football team. 

@huskerfan74 Again, take a look around -- who the hell even is a 'real opponent' this year? There's Ohio State, and, uhhh....

Fun fact: Northwestern is 3-0. There's two other teams with the same record. And Northwestern doesn't have either of them on their schedule.

@huskerfan74 So answer the question. Besides Ohio State, who in the Big Ten would you consider to be a 'real opponent' right now? 0-3 Penn State? 1-2 Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, or Iowa? A Wisconsin team that may or may not even play the rest of this season?

52 minutes ago, Toe said:

@huskerfan74 Again, take a look around -- who the hell even is a 'real opponent' this year? There's Ohio State, and, uhhh....

Fun fact: Northwestern is 3-0. There's two other teams in the conference with the same record. And Northwestern doesn't have either of them on their schedule.

44 minutes ago, Toe said:

@huskerfan74 So answer the question. Besides Ohio State, who in the Big Ten would you consider to be a 'real opponent' right now? 0-3 Penn State? 1-2 Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, or Iowa? A Wisconsin team that may or may not even play the rest of this season?

There is no point in arguing with you...you are one of those who has to have the last say...so be it...if you want to make northwestern a powerhouse in football then there is no reasoning with you...let us agree to disagree.

6 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Do you seriously think we are Minnesota? I am sorry by Minnesota has whipped us around lately and they had an excellent season last year. We are slightly better than Illinois right now and may be Rutgers and I say that with utter humbleness as I feel that Rutgers would probably beat us this year if we played them.

let us face it, Frost is lost and he is not even close to turning this around. We can be patient and give him all the time he needs but let us not sugar coat it. If Indiana could turn things around, why can’t he!? He is paid way more than Indiana’s coach and the results do not reflect that.

Meaning Minnesota won 4 national championships over a 25 year period , then fell off the table after 1960....Im not an officianado on Indiana, but this is the first time I can remember them having the season they are having....not sure they turned anything around...more like having a good year in a weird College Football year....its a very weird year. I remember when Penn State vs Nebraska would have been an ESPN Game Day show. Some of the old games are classics, dont think this year will add to that list...

Ive always thought year 5 is when I'd start drawing a conclusion about Frost. I have a few years, and most importantly, a few recruiting classes to go...There are things to like....but the offense makes me queezy for the moment..He's the 5th coach since 1998, if he cant do it.....

• Plus1 1