Stay calm

14 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Would Lubick calling plays make a difference? 

I say the same thing here as I do to starting Luke. He couldn't do a worse job than what we've been watching. I couldn't tell you what's gotten into Frost or AM but they aren't getting the job done, we have the most underachieving offense in the country. 

4 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

There is no point in arguing with you...you are one of those who has to have the last say...so be it...if you want to make northwestern a powerhouse in football then there is no reasoning with you...let us agree to disagree.

So since the big ten is so bad, other that Ohio state. It will be a really bad look if we can’t win. 

I agree with the covid point, that was a silly argument. Everyone has the same challenges with it. It’s like playing a game in the rain and blaming the rain saying only if it was 70 and sunny we would of won. Well they played in the rain too

• Plus1 1

I'm at the point where watching a full game doesn't sound fun anymore.  I used to plan entire weekends around Nebraska vs Cream Puff U.  Now it's an inconvenience to set 4hrs aside for a massive disappointment.  This program is in shambles.  It's not Callahan's fault anymore.  It's not Bo or Riley's fault really either.  It's on Frost now by default but let's be frank, he took over a team that's so far removed from being competitive that nobody in their right mind at a chance to play on Sunday's would entertain the notion of coming here.  All we do is find ways to lose, look confused on the field and play down to whoever we face.  1 out of every 4 or 5 guys plays with passion.  Put a different uniform on this team, anyone actually want to watch them play?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I've done my venting for the week.  This year has an asterisk next to it anyway,  free eligibility, so let's get kids experience and see what we've got in 21. That will 100% tell us where things stand if by then we still aren't showing significant progress.   We looked improved versus a far superior opponent whom the kids were excited to play,  and looked worse versus a solid/smart opponent we could have beaten where the excitement was less.   Let's see how they respond this week at home.  If they put up a decent performance and show some resolve there is still hope for a winning record this year and momentum. 

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm calm as can be. Really just disappointed and frustrated, mostly in myself. I don't care if Frost is the guy to get it turned around, or if it ever does. I hope he is and I hope it gets better but I just dgaf anymore. I'm just upset that I bet actual money on this sh#tshow yesterday.  Not because I lost some money but because I actually thought we were better somehow. I thought NW would be like taking candy from a baby but instead that baby kicked us in the nuts and b!^@h slapped us  I'm just mad at myself for being so effin stupid. I'm back to being Comfortably Numb.

One, I apologize for hyping up this game as easy money.

I lost 6/7 wagers I had that included this game!

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

One, I apologize for hyping up this game as easy money.

I lost 6/7 wagers I had that included this game!

Hey, I also thought it was the surest thing I would see all year. It was frikken Northwestern, maybe th most prototypical B1G team. Solid line play and few mistakes but absolutely no flash or playmakers. I thought we had made enough improvements in our line play that it was a no brainer. But turns out we have no playmakers either (outside of 2 quarterbacks and, if we do, the coaches refuse to use them or call a reasonable game. And don't get me started on the lack of discipline and costly penalties.

Any game we possibly win this year, omg, how bad will that opponent have to be? My plan to get my money back is to bet against Nebraska the rest of the year. I'm serious. At least if I lose then I should be happy with the game result, unless teams fail to cover but still beat us.

That reminds me, need to get some $$ on Penn St before the line moves up to where it should be.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I've done my venting for the week.  This year has an asterisk next to it anyway,  free eligibility, so let's get kids experience and see what we've got in 21. That will 100% tell us where things stand if by then we still aren't showing significant progress.   We looked improved versus a far superior opponent whom the kids were excited to play,  and looked worse versus a solid/smart opponent we could have beaten where the excitement was less.   Let's see how they respond this week at home.  If they put up a decent performance and show some resolve there is still hope for a winning record this year and momentum. 

I don't disagree that we looked improved against tOSU. But man, if 17-52 is what improved looks like......At some point we need actual victories and not moral victories. Northwestern was just a kick in the nuts that we shouldn't be dealing with at this point no matter any asterisk.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't disagree that we looked improved against tOSU. But man, if 17-52 is what improved looks like......At some point we need actual victories and not moral victories. Northwestern was just a kick in the nuts that we shouldn't be dealing with at this point no matter any asterisk.

Oh I fully agree, but right now I am in the weekly 7 stages of grief and the asterisk is helping me along this year.  I'll be thinking we can win again this week by Thursday.

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Oh I fully agree, but right now I am in the weekly 7 stages of grief and the asterisk is helping me along this year.  I'll be thinking we can win again this week by Thursday.

I understand. Right there with ya brother.

Quitting this team is worse than heroin. No matter how bad I want to quit caring, I can't seem to get there.

• Plus1 1

These threads are so just ugh.  No one wants to stay calm, people want to watch winning football.  People don't want to watch am arms crossed coach on the sideline with his unenthusiastic team commit dumb mistakes all the time.  No one wants to stay calm while turning the corner has been right at our finger tips for 3 years.  No one wants to see a quarterback who is scared of everything play football.  No one wants to stay calm while Indiana, Baylor, Iowa state ect. Continue to improve and be successful while we still use the f*@^@%@ BS culture excuse and look what Scott had when he got here.  That crap is done and staying calm hasn't produced any tangible results.  So no I will not stay calm and you shouldn't either.