As an outsider, I can confidently say things are better than fans may feel right now

uberism

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Your assertion of youth riding the pine is simply way off.

We are playing a significant amount of youth....Fleming, Benhart, Piper, McCaffrey, Scott, Heinrich, both Robinson's, Rogers......

A few plays is not "playing".  I don't think it's way off.  Some of those you named should be starting. Currently, they are not.  Hoping to see more of them starting (major rotation) against PSU.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, lo country said:

A few plays is not "playing".  I don't think it's way off.  Some of those you named should be starting. Currently, they are not.  Hoping to see more of them starting (major rotation) against PSU.

Fleming isn't "playing"?

Benhart starts.

Piper has significant snap counts.

McCaffrey playa enough that Frost has a decision to make 

Heinrich plays significant snaps and has already made a difference in 2 games with his pass rush 

Ty Robinson is perhaps the anchor of the D line.

Casey Rogers also plays significant snaps and is playing well.

We are absolutely playing youth.  Without question.

In the same breath, we also need to recognize that we are seeing proof what a year with nutrition and S&C is doing for the young guys 

But again, to say we are not playing youth significantly is incorrect 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't think he had any idea how difficult his personal life would be when he took this job. You can't predict what will happen with the ones you love next year, or the next three years.

Like not being able to go out w/o being recognized or something else?  No need for me or anyone else to know if it’s something else.  Just found this part interesting.  Otherwise I pretty much agree.   We as a fan base probably don’t appreciate enough how difficult this job is for Scott.   I’m still on board with him as our coach and will be no matter how the season turns out.  It’s just a tough year all around for hundreds of reasons.  

Just now, Decoy73 said:

Like not being able to go out w/o being recognized or something else?  No need for me or anyone else to know if it’s something else.  Just found this part interesting.  Otherwise I pretty much agree.   We as a fan base probably don’t appreciate enough how difficult this job is for Scott.   I’m still on board with him as our coach and will be no matter how the season turns out.  It’s just a tough year all around for hundreds of reasons.  

Something else. He's had a difficult few years that most people experience but not when they're in the public eye doing a high-stress job. He's handled it as well as one could expect, and he hasn't made any excuses. But his first three years here haven't been like the first three years for other coaches at other schools.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The most difficult decision Scott Frost made in the past three years was to burn this thing to the ground before starting to rebuild.

Did he even have a choice? Seemed like half the guys he inherited were holding a box of matches, and the other half were holding a gallon of gasoline.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Toe said:

Did he even have a choice? Seemed like half the guys he inherited were holding a box of matches, and the other half were holding a gallon of gasoline.

Of course he had a choice.  These are 19-23 year olds who love playing football.  Motivating these guys should have been easy and it's not like Riley had a meeting with them telling them to transfer because the next coach was the devil like Pelini did.  Plus, Frost had just come off of an undefeated season and a bowl win while playing an exciting brand of offensive football.  Yet, a bunch of skill players left early and then our best receiver left before this season started.  There is something wrong here.

Arkansas is turning things around with a new coach.  Mack Brown has turned North Carolina around.  Sheesh, Liberty is ranked in Hugh Freeze's second season. 

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Of course he had a choice.  These are 19-23 year olds who love playing football.  Motivating these guys should have been easy and it's not like Riley had a meeting with them telling them to transfer because the next coach was the devil like Pelini did.  Plus, Frost had just come off of an undefeated season and a bowl win while playing an exciting brand of offensive football.  Yet, a bunch of skill players left early and then our best receiver left before this season started.  There is something wrong here.

Arkansas is turning things around with a new coach.  Mack Brown has turned North Carolina around.  Sheesh, Liberty is ranked in Hugh Freeze's second season. 

I saw an article by the spun where they said frost said in the post game the program is not where it should be at this point. So he acknowledges it

9 hours ago, Hayseed said:

It used to be, “We have a minute left, Crouch can still score twice!”

Now it’s like Bummer Bob and Debbie Downer, “We intercepted and have the ball at their 20..... “We’ll probably fumble”..... “I bet we have a holding call” Wa wa wa...

Except this time we actually moved the ball down the field, completing the first 7 passes in a row, we simply failed to convert/score on 4th down in the red zone with only a couple seconds left.

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

I guess I just think that he's capable of making this work. I think he has some learning to do, sure. But I think he's got the ability we want, and more.

Which most of us reasonable fans are sure he will do. He's a smart guys, and he has show the humility to admit when it's his fault or he screwed up. That's always the first step in learning, and way more than some coaches before him could muster.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, internetman said:

This program will fall further and further behind with Frost. I love seeing his mask under this chin with a big ole smile on his face. TRASH. 

Fun fact, you can ctrl c, then ctrl v this statement into a word document, then save it as "I love cats".  Then all you have to do is copy that into a new thread next week.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3