As an outsider, I can confidently say things are better than fans may feel right now

uberism

6 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

well he also threw a bounce pass to Wandale.  Threw in between two open rec and sailed another one out of the endzone.  I don't think Betts would have helped on any of those.  I think they need to stop messing with the QB's "stroke"

I wonder the same thing. Are they doing too much tinkering and creating the slow reactions by making them think too much? At some point this is just football, not everyone can be Peyton Manning.  

11 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

well he also threw a bounce pass to Wandale.  Threw in between two open rec and sailed another one out of the endzone.  I don't think Betts would have helped on any of those.  I think they need to stop messing with the QB's "stroke"

Maybe Betts can get open better than the other blocking first WRs?  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I wonder the same thing. Are they doing too much tinkering and creating the slow reactions by making them think too much? At some point this is just football, not everyone can be Peyton Manning.  

AM seems to have a wind-up.  Not sure how he threw before but he seemed to bring the ball down a little too far for me on Sat and I think it messes with the timing of his throws.  

39 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I suppose.  He is also taller than Wandale so maybe when AM throws it at the ground five yards in front of him he will be able to reach it.

I get your sarcasm but I think it’s more complicated than one position. Multiple penalties on that first drive. Take away the first half penalties and this is a different game. 

I found the camera angle was bad, at least in the first half. I couldn’t tell who was in because either it was a poor perspective and I couldn’t see numbers or it only focused on the QB and the pocket area and I couldn’t see the corners or downfield. 

if we’re are only going to rely on the QB run game, then Luke’s the man. 

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I get your sarcasm but I think it’s more complicated than one position. Multiple penalties on that first drive. Take away the first half penalties and this is a different game. 

I found the camera angle was bad, at least in the first half. I couldn’t tell who was in because either it was a poor perspective and I couldn’t see numbers or it only focused on the QB and the pocket area and I couldn’t see the corners or downfield. 

if we’re are only going to rely on the QB run game, then Luke’s the man. 

I agree with the angle part.  I didn't realize Manning played more than one or two snaps.  He was in there quite a bit.  I would have like to see them take a shot down field to either Flemming or Manning while in there.  It helps keep the defense somewhat honest if they think you have the balls to at least try.  Like AM's interception, if there are 3 guys on your TE somebody else has to be open

• Plus1 2

Penn State doesn't have a bad defense and Nebraska had as many as 6 freshman out on the field at the same time on offense. Defensive effort is greatly improved. 

Even though Penn State hasn't won a game this season, they are not a bad team. 

Scott Frost will lead Nebraska to a winning record by season end and the building will continue. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, uberism said:

Penn State doesn't have a bad defense and Nebraska had as many as 6 freshman out on the field at the same time on offense. Defensive effort is greatly improved. 

Even though Penn State hasn't won a game this season, they are not a bad team. 

Scott Frost will lead Nebraska to a winning record by season end and the building will continue. 

Agree. But if Frost didn’t play not to lose in second half we probably win 40-16

• Plus1 2