Practices This Week

14 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Word is he cleared out his locker but haven't heard anything from anyone I consider reliable yet.  Plenty of rumors floating though.  It's too bad but at least we weren't seriously invested in him at this point.  

Crazy if true, we have lost four 4* guys from the 2019 class.  I guess covid maybe had something to do with the first three.  What the hell is this guy thinking if true?  There is no way that the coaches didn't want this guy out there, he must have been totally f#&%ing off.  

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Crazy if true, we have lost four 4* guys from the 2019 class.  I guess covid maybe had something to do with the first three.  What the hell is this guy thinking if true?  There is no way that the coaches didn't want this guy out there, he must have been totally f#&%ing off.  

Yea, I'm not sure if the coaches just rub some kids the wrong way or what.  Scott is trying to establish a culture but you want talent like this on the field.  Hopefully it pays off in the long run.  Either way you don't turn away Omar or any of those kids that left, you absolutely get them here and give it a shot.  That being said I am glad they offered guys like Bretz and Carnie this year.  Those guys are going to show up and do what's asked and hopefully you find more like Reimer and Gifford that come in and exceed expectations.  

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is he has still been practicing but hasn't really been in the mix with the first group.

That's good news.  So many things could be in play here, maybe just needs this year to get his head right.  Looks like Betts and Fleming are coming along nicely, so as much as we wanted him to play, maybe it wont be as bad.  Additionally, if our quarterbacks don't get there s#!t together, it doesn't matter who is at receiver.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, CAHusker said:

That's good news.  So many things could be in play here, maybe just needs this year to get his head right.  Looks like Betts and Fleming are coming along nicely, so as much as we wanted him to play, maybe it wont be as bad.  Additionally, if our quarterbacks don't get there s#!t together, it doesn't matter who is at receiver.  

Sounds like Fleming and Betts have been getting a lot of reps this week so hopefully they see the field a lot.  I'd like Brown to be in there as well - not sure what happened to him.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like Fleming and Betts have been getting a lot of reps this week so hopefully they see the field a lot.  I'd like Brown to be in there as well - not sure what happened to him.

I would think Brown has to be dealing with a (hopefully minor) injury or something if he hasn't been getting as many reps - even last week he was out there quite a bit, just didn't get targeted that I noticed. I don't even really care who it is, we've got to get more athletes on the field. That would make a lot of our QB problems seem smaller.

7 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Have been rehashing all other issues with my college buddies and avoiding QB. One buddy keeps circling back to it and I said I don't want to think about that because that's the one problem that will continue to keep the whole team down.  So don't talk about it alright?! :lol:

Luke could be the answer.....but what if he stinks too when given the full reigns and not just set packages?  What if we get all these talented WR on the field and we stink still? (Shivers)

On 11/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, Hilltop said:

Word is he cleared out his locker but haven't heard anything from anyone I consider reliable yet.  Plenty of rumors floating though.  It's too bad but at least we weren't seriously invested in him at this point.  

So another one leaving the team?  What are the rumors?

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

So another one leaving the team?  What are the rumors?

The rumors are apparently stemming from Marcus Flemming comments.  As of yesterday, he posted that Omar hadn't been practicing and wasn't returning texts.  Again, I'm not getting the info from anyone I trust so could be completely false.  Those I do trust aren't saying anything about OM.    

• Plus1 1