Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

49 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yup. But the original plan was to only challenge the close ones. Hopefully none of these f#&%ing morons decide to add more states to their list.

PA, GA, AZ are the ones I know of definitely.

Pat Toomey already said he's prepared for this mess (he's the Repub out of PA).

55 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's not rocket science. 

The problem with America is the complete lunacy of the right wing side of our political system. Elected leaders have grifted you into supporting them, you've been hoodwinked, although it wasn't exactly difficult to see coming. 

America is fortunate that the exploitation of the right was done by somebody with the mental and emotional intelligence of a teenager. However, the the right wing of this country is still there, waiting to be exploited by somebody more capable than Trump.

That's the kind of Manichaean political view that ensures there will be no change. 

5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's the kind of Manichaean political view that ensures there will be no change. 

Don't think so, but I'd agree, there are issues on BOTH sides.

Cept one side seems to have supported a blubbering, idiotic child the last 3 years and gave him an automatic rifle and a bandoleer belt of ammo.

When that child actually shoots someone, this is the response by that side:

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Don't think so, but I'd agree, there are issues on BOTH sides.

Cept one side seems to have supported a blubbering, idiotic child the last 3 years and gave him an automatic rifle and a bandoleer belt of ammo.

When that child actually shoots someone, this is the response by that side:

giphy.gif

""People Will Do What They Do"

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What exactly am I uncomfortable acknowledging?   I don’t believe the EC is a bad system.  You do.  Fine.  But just saying other countries do it another way so we should too, doesn’t present a compelling argument to me.  

should we restructure our legislative body and judicial bodies to mimic what ‘other countries’ do?  

We have three equal branches of Government and each is put into place in a different way.  I’m fine with that because it’s another check on the system of government.  

1) I never said the EC was bad. This was your interpretation. The EC has strengths and weaknesses.

2) I also never said we should do it the way other countries do. I offered a perspective on how other countries have done it and you interpreted it as me saying I want to do it that way.

And again, you're trying to distract from the point by shaking a shiny toy in the other hand. As you mentioned, we have three equal branches of government. Yet, in a discussion about the process for electing the leader of the Executive Branch, you're continually trying to bring up questions about the other two. It's not germane or necessary in a conversation about the EB. In theory, one could make changes to how the president is elected without touching the process for the other two branches.

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Don't forget our homeboy @Archy1221.

The right wing was infiltrated by Trump, notable accomplishments are a series of bankruptcies and playing a boss on a 2000s reality show.

What does this tell us about that side? Is there compromise to be had when they don't acknowledge science, the severity of pandemics or climate change? We need to stop acting like the right is a legitimate entity to be engaged with. 

The fact is they've sold out so they could nominate some judges and have ceased to have the capacity or fortitude to confront the actual problems facing this country. 

I’m not your homeboy, did nothing to you so what the f#&% is your problem with me?  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

1) I never said the EC was bad. This was your interpretation. The EC has strengths and weaknesses.

2) I also never said we should do it the way other countries do. I offered a perspective on how other countries have done it and you interpreted it as me saying I want to do it that way.

And again, you're trying to distract from the point by shaking a shiny toy in the other hand. As you mentioned, we have three equal branches of government. Yet, in a discussion about the process for electing the leader of the Executive Branch, you're continually trying to bring up questions about the other two. It's not germane or necessary in a conversation about the EB. In theory, one could make changes to how the president is elected without touching the process for the other two branches.

In theory, getting rid of the EC is because some people believe one person one vote for President.  If not majority rule in that vote, they feel other voters have outsized influence.  

If that is the line of thinking, then why wouldn’t we get rid of the Senate?  Because That same line of thinking would dictate 2 Senators from RI give those citizens by population proportion more power than 2 CA Senators by their population proportion. 

obviously I say keep the status quo because the design protects all people from self destructing an entire system of government.  As evidence by today, this system can withstand an awful lot of nonsense. 

• Plus1 1