Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm just guessing but if that man entered the one or the house floors he would be dead.

He would, and so would a bunch of Senators. Although the mob was rowdy, they probably showed some sort of hesitation in attacking police officers for the most part. If they'd gone in there and seen Schumer or any other more known Democrat senators, or even Republicans who are part of the "Deep state/swamp," I don't think it would have ended well.

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I wouldn't.  Rioters get my empathy but no sympathy from me.  If you storm a public building or try to seize territory, you get what's coming to you.  I don't care whether it's a right wing extremist attacking Washington or a Left wing one taking over Seattle.  I bet Trump doesn't either.  

^^^ I have no idea why that post reappeared when I hit reply.  Nonetheless I am pretty much in the same space of thought here.  The shooting of Ashli Babbit was unnecessary and maybe unjustifiable.  But I don't feel very much outrage because she voluntarily and illegally.  put herself in a dangerous situation.

If you don't want to endure the video, Mrs Babbit was pressing against a set of weak double doors reinforced by a quickly stacked chairs.  There were guards on on the other side of the hallway and two police with rifles right behind her among the mob.  She appears to make a move at the doors, a guard seen only from the wrist shoots through the door windows into her neck and she drops.  The mob pulls back so she can receive emergency treatment but died in the way to he hospital.

Looks to me like she was shot as she tried to jump through a broken window in the doors not pressing on the doors.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I wouldn't.  Rioters get my empathy but no sympathy from me.  If you storm a public building or try to seize territory, you get what's coming to you.  I don't care whether it's a right wing extremist attacking Washington or a Left wing one taking over Seattle.  I bet Trump doesn't either.  

^^^ I have no idea why that post reappeared when I hit reply.  Nonetheless I am pretty much in the same space of thought here.  The shooting of Ashli Babbit was unnecessary and maybe unjustifiable.  But I don't feel very much outrage because she voluntarily and illegally.  put herself in a dangerous situation.

If you don't want to endure the video, Mrs Babbit was pressing against a set of weak double doors reinforced by a quickly stacked chairs.  There were guards on on the other side of the hallway and two police with rifles right behind her among the mob.  She appears to make a move at the doors, a guard seen only from the wrist shoots through the door windows into her neck and she drops.  The mob pulls back so she can receive emergency treatment but died in the way to he hospital.

It was unnecessary?   More of them should have been shot. I wouldn’t have had a problem with them with a machine gun mowing them down at every door. 

Any sympathy these pieces of s#!t get is unjustified.  

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Jump through, climb through, press against door.  I don't think the specifics change the nature of the shooting 

Actually it does.  Do you know who may have been beyond the doors she was climbing through?  Watch the video again and tell me that her breaching those doors is in anyway the same as "pressing" on them.  

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It was unnecessary?   More of them should have been shot. I wouldn’t have had a problem with them with a machine gun mowing them down at every door. 

Any sympathy these pieces of s#!t get is unjustified.  

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Actually it does.  Do you know who may have been beyond the doors she was climbing through?  Watch the video again and tell me that her breaching those doors is in anyway the same as "pressing" on them.  

I was referring to whether the guard was justified in shooting an unarmed woman.  the video does not suggest that particular door was a do-or-die beachhead of Normandy.  Otherwise you get people thinking like @BigRedBuster

2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I was referring to whether the guard was justified in shooting an unarmed woman.  the video does not suggest that particular door was a do-or-die beachhead of Normandy.  Otherwise you get people thinking like @BigRedBuster

You don't know that it wasn't.  Who was beyond that door?

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Seriously???  Terrorists stormed the capital building, killing a police officer and many with the goal to capture leaders of our country and hang them.  You don't think more should have been shot?  Watch the video of them beating and killing the police officer, those people shouldn't have been shot to save the officer?

This opinion is really telling.  I guess blue lives really don't matter...eh?

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I was referring to whether the guard was justified in shooting an unarmed woman.  the video does not suggest that particular door was a do-or-die beachhead of Normandy. 

But, the video(s) do show a group of violent rioters illegally shoving their way into the U.S. Capitol building. Officers don't know their exact intentions or what kind of tools/weapons they may have had on them. We also don't know who or what was down that hallway.

If you had asked me two weeks ago what I thought might happen to me if I had tried to break or force my way into the U.S. Capitol building with a group of rioters, getting shot would be near the top of my projected outcome list. I'm actually astounded that so few were shot.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

comparing storming the capitol with normandy.    what a time to be alive.   

• Plus1 5

On 1/10/2021 at 8:49 AM, BigRedBuster said:

And we still have people thinking this was no big deal.  

I posted something similar in The Angry Violent Right. Thank God for the quick thinking of Officer Eugene Goodman. Had the mob been able to reach the Senate chamber while it was still occupied... I don't even want to think about it.

9 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You don't know that it wasn't.  Who was beyond that door?

a hallway with more doors.  Why would that particular door become a redline and why didn't anyone else know about it? 

Spoiler

It was not any kind of metaphorical Rubicon.  The guard panicked and shot the lady trying to get through.  The other officers were surprised that it happened. 

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

But, the video(s) do show a group of violent rioters illegally shoving their way into the U.S. Capitol building. Officers don't know their exact intentions or what kind of tools/weapons they may have had on them. We also don't know who or what was down that hallway.

If you had asked me two weeks ago what I thought might happen to me if I had tried to break or force my way into the U.S. Capitol building with a group of rioters, getting shot would be near the top of my projected outcome list. I'm actually astounded that so few were shot.

Well it was mostly obvious that the mob didn't have weapons because they weren't brandishing any.   But if you assert the right of the Capitol police to shoot down the mob, then why would you wait until they are that far into the building to unleash live ammunition?

10 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

a hallway with more doors.  Why would that particular door become a redline and why didn't anyone else know about it? 

Reveal hidden contents

It was not any kind of metaphorical Rubicon.  The guard panicked and shot the lady trying to get through.  The other officers were surprised that it happened. 

Well it was mostly obvious that the mob didn't have weapons because they weren't brandishing any.   But if you assert the right of the Capitol police to shoot down the mob, then why would you wait until they are that far into the building to unleash live ammunition?

Damn good question!