Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

All you prosecutors or legal experts out there.  If J6C comes upon clear cut evidence of sedition conspiracy with Trump and/ or other “big fish “, wouldn’t they halt the public hearings and immediately refer all evidence to the DOJ?  Or is there value in getting everything “out there “ prior to any possible indictment?   Or does the DOJ reach out to the committee and ask them to put a hold on releasing more findings, if they (DOJ) feel like they already have enough for indictments and a strong case?  I guess, what I’m getting at is at what point do you worry about poisoning a potential jury pool?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

All you prosecutors or legal experts out there.  If J6C comes upon clear cut evidence of sedition conspiracy with Trump and/ or other “big fish “, wouldn’t they halt the public hearings and immediately refer all evidence to the DOJ?  Or is there value in getting everything “out there “ prior to any possible indictment?   Or does the DOJ reach out to the committee and ask them to put a hold on releasing more findings, if they (DOJ) feel like they already have enough for indictments and a strong case?  I guess, what I’m getting at is at what point do you worry about poisoning a potential jury pool?

Good question. 

however, I’m sure the hearings will continue then the DOJ will make a decision after that. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good question. 

however, I’m sure the hearings will continue then the DOJ will make a decision after that. 

It seems that’s where it’s heading, but all the different “courts of public opinion “ will have already made up their minds before any real trials even take place.  I would think this would increase the likelihood of unrest during and after any trials take place.  I hope I’m wrong, but I feel the way people are already divided on Trump’s guilt,  this is heading up to an ugly situation.  

39 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It seems that’s where it’s heading, but all the different “courts of public opinion “ will have already made up their minds before any real trials even take place.  I would think this would increase the likelihood of unrest during and after any trials take place.  I hope I’m wrong, but I feel the way people are already divided on Trump’s guilt,  this is heading up to an ugly situation.  

I'm of the opinion that the more information the public has, the better.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where have you seen this?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-committee-abruptly-postpones-wednesday-hearing-rcna33433

WASHINGTON  The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol announced Tuesday it was postponing a public hearing scheduled for 10 a.m. ET Wednesday.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., a member of the panel, told reporters that the postponement was due to "technical issues" stemming from "overwhelming" demand on staff to produce videos.

"We're trying to give them a little room," Lofgren said.

The next hearing is now scheduled to take place on Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. The committee also announced the dates and times for two more hearings: June 21 and June 23, both at 1 p.m.

Wednesday's hearing had been expected to focus on then-President Donald Trump's unsuccessful plan to replace Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen with Justice Department lawyer Jeffrey Clark, who was more supportive of Trump’s fraud claims. Clark caught Trump’s eye after he circulated a draft letter to states that said the department “identified significant concerns that may have impacted the outcome of the election.”

Rosen was expected to testify at Wednesday's hearing, along with former acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue and Steve Engel, former assistant attorney general for the Office of Legal Counsel.

“In our hearings, you will hear first-hand how the senior leadership of the department threatened to resign, how the White House Counsel threatened to resign, and how they confronted Donald Trump and Jeff Clark in the Oval Office,” Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said last week at the committee's first public hearing.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...