Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sorry for the potty-mouth word, but this just continues to amaze me. 

The funny thing about all this is that Republicans were warned, by Lindsay Graham himself, how this would all end, as you previously posted.

Anybody who cared to look could see that his Presidency would end in disgrace, in front of a landscaping service and a sex shop, and that the fallout would be toxicity that griped the entire party. Republicans knew this, they warned voters, then they decided to latch on - because otherwise you lose your political career like Liz Cheney - and now they have to pretend that this was a hit job.

I do not feel sorry for Republicans for bringing this on themselves. They hitched their wagon to an individual with the intelligence of a 7th grader who's spent his entire life looking out for only himself. Republicans are getting what they deserve. 

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The funny thing about all this is that Republicans were warned, by Lindsay Graham himself, how this would all end, as you previously posted.

Anybody who cared to look could see that his Presidency would end in disgrace, in front of a landscaping service and a sex shop, and that the fallout would be toxicity that griped the entire party. Republicans knew this, they warned voters, then they decided to latch on - because otherwise you lose your political career like Liz Cheney - and now they have to pretend that this was a hit job.

I do not feel sorry for Republicans for bringing this on themselves. They hitched their wagon to an individual with the intelligence of a 7th grader who's spent his entire life looking out for only himself. Republicans are getting what they deserve. 

Amen. Our only job now is to completely clean up this mess and ensure it doesn't happen again. 

22 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Maybe republicans should wait too see what was seized before raging about this being a hit job? What if Trump has recordings of himself selling US secrets to a foreign govt? Would we still all be outraged his home was searched? 

I think it has already pretty much been established that most Trump supporters would be totally okay with that. :dunno

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Amen. Our only job now is to completely clean up this mess and ensure it doesn't happen again. 

I somewhat disagree.

Democrats protect Republican voters from themselves often enough as it is. Let Republicans themselves figure it out. America needs them to get it together because Democrats can't just keep pulling them forward kicking and screaming anymore. 

We've yet to see Trump show what's in the search warrant.  He has it.  If it's just a big nothing burger and he's been unjustly wronged, he of all people would be waving it around.  It's bigger than some declassified documents that were mistakenly left in his house by the moving company. 

Not surprisingly the Trumpist Republicans immediately started gaslighting their naive base.  They have to get the talking points out so the disinformation can spread before the real evidence is presented.  

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Sorry for the potty-mouth word, but this just continues to amaze me. 

The sooner they charge the guy the better.  The Cult has to see the reality of what they have followed all of these years. 

Georgia, J6C, DOJ Documents, DOJ Investigation, NY State investigations - they all need to come to a head and through this guy

and his co-conspirators in jail for a long time and it can't happen soon enough.  We need to cut off the head to kill this cult snake. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, TGHusker said:

The sooner they charge the guy the better.  The Cult has to see the reality of what they have followed all of these years. 

Georgia, J6C, DOJ Documents, DOJ Investigation, NY State investigations - they all need to come to a head and through this guy

and his co-conspirators in jail for a long time and it can't happen soon enough.  We need to cut off the head to kill this cult snake. 

The cult will just move on to DeSantis, but that's no excuse for not prosecuting this guy. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The cult will just move on to DeSantis, but that's no excuse for not prosecuting this guy. 

Sad to say I agree.  As I mentioned in a post yesterday, DeSantis is trying to out flank Trump, himself, to the right.  We've seen that with every stupid thing he has come out with lately.   It is only going to get crazier.  A few more law suits need to take down the far right media  like what has happened wt InfoWars.  There is a whole cottage industry of misinformation, propaganda out there that the cultists latch on to. My wife's siblings are heavy into it - brainwashed.   But yes, let's cut off this head and prosecute Trump & all of his associates.  It may help with the lessor guys who follow.