Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

Seriously. It's not that Donald Trump is a Republican or a Conservative. It's not that he represents a different ideology than mine. It's not that I'm butt hurt about anything, or refuse to accept that he won the Presidency. 

It's that he's a horrible human being. Just an awful person. I will never understand why people want to give this man power. 

Notre Dame Joe? Again, what is it about Donald Trump specifically that has earned your loyalty and respect?

• Plus1 5

37 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

He makes the libs angry.

And they're willing to burn everything down over it. All of these Republican talking heads and politicians and asshats either want autocracy and somehow think that will be good for them, or they're complete f#&%ing idiots and don't understand what's coming because they think the U.S. is invincible.

15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And they're willing to burn everything down over it. All of these Republican talking heads and politicians and asshats either want autocracy and somehow think that will be good for them, or they're complete f#&%ing idiots and don't understand what's coming because they think the U.S. is invincible.

This has all been a joy to watch quite frankly.  The Republican party literally imploding itself.  To think it all started (and is still going) because of one guy.  

• Oh Yeah! 2
42 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

This has all been a joy to watch quite frankly.  The Republican party literally imploding itself.  To think it all started (and is still going) because of one guy.  

A joy to watch? You’re a sick man. Not one thing about Trump has been a joy to watch. Nada.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well yeah. But can you live on that alone?

And how much comfort can you take in angry libs when the same guy is banging your wife, creeping out your daughter, and refusing to pay for all the work you did for him?

Yes, so long as your party's platform is predominantly based on hatred.

You might have gotten screwed along the way, but if you perceive that a group of people you dislike are getting shafted worse then the loyalty will be there.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well yeah. But can you live on that alone?

And how much comfort can you take in angry libs when the same guy is banging your wife, creeping out your daughter, and refusing to pay for all the work you did for him?

I absolutely think you can, if you exist in the conservative media echochamber.

It's just constant conditioning to their worldview. I'd use the word brainwashing, although it's not all that different from any other lifestyle choice people really get into, so that might not be fair. Perhaps cons are just far bigger rubes than many other types of people.

I was just complaining to my girlfriend earlier this evening about the pull of this kind of thinking: any time something occurs that jeopardizes their carefully cultivated worldview, they just insert some other insane crackpot conspiracy theory and it's accepted as true without an ounce of critical thought because it's so much easier and less troubling than accepting your entire concept of the world, the heroes and bad guys, right and wrong, etc. is utter bunk.

It's a hell of a drug, man.

I think of your last paragraph, they would probably say "That makes him smart." 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I'll defer to Garland's judgement that this search and seizure was carried out on grounds more robust than a shaky case of prosecuting a former president as you're describing.  Remember Garland is the guy everyone was getting frustrated with for not acting sooner and more forcefully.   I can't see him overplaying his hand now.  Again, if it was as you indicate Trump would be banging that take as loud as possible.  

You trusted them when they said Trump was a Russian agent too.  A pretext is optional in post-constitutional America.  It is enough that you know he is an enemy of the state. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3