Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

They do what they do for the votes/whatever office they hold, but don't think anything truly bad will come of it.

I think this statement describes every politician with very few exceptions. Even ones that started with pure intentions are corrupted eventually.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

As embarrassing as the Republican party has been and better believe it's been more/worse than embarrassing I never thought I would see them look this pathetic.  

My lord we are f#&%ed. Actual senators saying this s#!t when they know who Trump is. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd be shocked if we didn't learn that TFG has secrets about Rubio, Graham, Cruz, and dozens of other GOP politicians. They were vehemently against him right up until he got the nomination, and they all did an about-face.

Their adherence to this criminal blowhard goes way beyond responding to polling data. McConnell doesn't kowtow to the cheeto. Romney doesn't. But that likely means there's no kompromat on them. 

He's a mob boss. He looks up to other mob-boss types around the world. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'd be shocked if we didn't learn that TFG has secrets about Rubio, Graham, Cruz, and dozens of other GOP politicians. They were vehemently against him right up until he got the nomination, and they all did an about-face.

Their adherence to this criminal blowhard goes way beyond responding to polling data. McConnell doesn't kowtow to the cheeto. Romney doesn't. But that likely means there's no kompromat on them. 

He's a mob boss. He looks up to other mob-boss types around the world. 

Some day I hope the curtain is pulled back and we see it all for what it was and history shows these guys to be the traitors that they are.  

• Plus1 2

Trump like Al Capone may get thrown in jail by a more mundane charge.

https://theintercept.com/2022/08/09/trump-fbi-raid-al-capone/

AL CAPONE’S MURDEROUS gangsterism in Chicago in the 1920s wasn’t stopped by investigating the killings he ordered or the river of rum he sold during Prohibition, but by a patient federal investigation into his failure to pay income taxes on all of his illicit gains.

Donald Trump has yet to face criminal charges for his efforts to incite a violent coup against the United States government. But Monday’s unprecedented FBI search of Trump’s Florida home appears to be part of a criminal investigation into his removal — a better word might be theft — of classified documents after he left the White House.

So instead of being charged as a violent insurrectionist bent on destroying American democracy, Donald Trump may go to jail for a much more mundane reason: He pissed off the nerds at the National Archives, the legal custodians of the missing documents, who then tipped off the Justice Department.

• Plus1 2

I wonder if Matt is waiting on the facts on his rape case. 

I laughed when I saw this headline  :laughpound

https://www.rawstory.com/matt-gaetz-tim-scott/

Gaetz called out Scott during a Newsmax interview after the South Carolina senator said that Republicans should wait for the facts before criticizing the raid.

"Speaking directly to Tim Scott, we should wait and hear all this out, wait and see how it goes," Gaetz said. "That's exactly what the weak Republicans were saying during the Mueller investigation."

"I feel like I've been to this movie before where McConnell and a lot of McConnell-ites say, 'Oh, well, we should wring our hands and hope that President Trump didn't break the law,'" he added.