Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

"Fox & Friends" host Ainsley Earhardt seems so certain that a search of Mar-A-Lago turned up damaging evidence that she suggested that FBI agents planted it themselves.  These people are brainless.  

Related to above:

Can you imagine being an FBI agent, working on this case, making sure you do everything by the book......then hear this crap?

By people who supposedly support the blue.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can you imagine being an FBI agent, working on this case, making sure you do everything by the book......then hear this crap?

By people who supposedly support the blue.

Law and order was never their goal - just propaganda to get the votes.

• Plus1 2

So....let's recap here.

Trump confirms here that his legal team has been talking to the DOJ about confidential documents he's not supposed to still have and he is keeping at Mar A Lago.  He even went as far as doing the nice thing and putting an extra lock on the door to those confidential documents that he's not supposed to still have.  The DOJ has been talking to him about....hey....we need those back.

BUT...when the DOJ goes to get them...it's a horrible surprise attack by this tyrannical government.

Do I have that right?

It's nice that he marked which closet they were in by putting the extra lock on.  They would have hated to have to rip open multiple closets and do more damage.

@Notre Dame Joe  Do I have this right?

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am just trying to think of people that are on the fence.  I suppose it could push them to the Trump side but it just seems odd, seems like it was an odd thought when I saw it.  But hey, who knows!

Things are pretty weird!

The theory is that Trump has secured a base by appealing to Americans who typically don't vote. I don't think the fence sitters would necessarily choose between Trump and Biden as much as between voting and not voting.  This was a bad week for Trump, but if the rightwing machine goes full culture war, a vote for Trump becomes the ultimate pwning of the radical libs trying to destroy this country. 

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Some day I hope the curtain is pulled back and we see it all for what it was and history shows these guys to be the traitors that they are.  

Explain to me How Rubio is a traitor? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let's recap here.

Trump confirms here that his legal team has been talking to the DOJ about confidential documents he's not supposed to still have and he is keeping at Mar A Lago.  He even went as far as doing the nice thing and putting an extra lock on the door to those confidential documents that he's not supposed to still have.  The DOJ has been talking to him about....hey....we need those back.

BUT...when the DOJ goes to get them...it's a horrible surprise attack by this tyrannical government.

Do I have that right?

It's nice that he marked which closet they were in by putting the extra lock on.  They would have hated to have to rip open multiple closets and do more damage.

@Notre Dame Joe  Do I have this right?

I thought I read that Trump complied with a subpoena to search his home for docs earlier this year and let agents in to retrieve some. I guess they did not get it all or I misread something. 

From the Albany Union Times. I am starting to think this might be a good idea. Maybe it would calm folks down. 

"The public has an urgent and substantial interest in understanding the predicate for the execution of the unprecedented search warrant of the private residence of a former president and likely future political opponent," the organization said. "[N]o official explanation or information has been released about the search."

It added: "As of the filing of this motion, the public record consists solely of speculation and inuendo. In short, the historical presumption of access to warrant materials vastly outweighs any interest the government may have in keeping the materials under seal." 

3 minutes ago, nic said:

I thought I read that Trump complied with a subpoena to search his home for docs earlier this year and let agents in to retrieve some. I guess they did not get it all or I misread something. 

That's the way I understand it.  So....was he hiding these documents from them at that time?  And, if so....why?

And...why does he think he needs classified documents still when he's not President anymore?

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

The defense isn't, "There's zero evidence of my guilt."

It's, "The evidence of my guilt was planted."

Telling.

Very well stated.   And of course the cult members eat it up seeing the word 'planted' but not the word 'guilt'  

1 hour ago, nic said:

That is correct.  What bothered me with hearing that is that if I'm a guilty person and some cops show up at my house to look at 'just a few documents' I am getting rid of whatever else they didn't look at afterwards.  Destroying evidence yes however who's to say what documents were taken to begin with.  I'm hoping the FBI and DOJ are well aware of what documents actually left the WH illegally upon Trump finally deciding that he had to leave.