Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Has anyone heard of FBI will be offering to release the actual search warrant affidavits?   The warrant itself is kinda useless.  The info they told the judge to get the warrant is the actual juicy meat.   

Trump pretty much already disclosed that info.

31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Has anyone heard of FBI will be offering to release the actual search warrant affidavits?   The warrant itself is kinda useless.  The info they told the judge to get the warrant is the actual juicy meat.   

I have not been served a warrant so I do not know what is in one. What the country needs to know from the DOJ is why they raided the house and did they found what they were looking for. If they found documents related to national security, Trump is an extreme idiot or a criminal. If it’s either of those, charges should be brought. If we never find out what they found and no charges are brought against him, then his power increases and the claims of a witch hunt go on unfettered. The Government also needs to take care of this quickly for the sake of the country. If they delay until 2024, it’s a witch hunt in the eyes of many.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

not sure i am buying the nuclear secrets stuff just yet.    i think it could be that....but it smells like bulls#!t that trump and his team have spread to make the reveal of what they actually stole seem less...treasonous.

I guess I'm holding off on believing that as well.  Honestly that's not something even I pictured him doing.  Taking nuclear code related classified documents home with him to Maro Lago.  I actually hope the story is false thinking about it.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, nic said:

I have not been served a warrant so I do not know what is in one. What the country needs to know from the DOJ is why they raided the house and did they found what they were looking for. If they found documents related to national security, Trump is an extreme idiot or a criminal. If it’s either of those, charges should be brought. If we never find out what they found and no charges are brought against him, then his power increases and the claims of a witch hunt go on unfettered. The Government also needs to take care of this quickly for the sake of the country. If they delay until 2024, it’s a witch hunt in the eyes of many.

Trump has the whole, entire ability to tell the country why the feds were there and what they were looking for. All on his own. 

It's not really fair to pin more of this on the government. They did their part and were exceedingly clear. 

The man himself has the ability to set the record straight, at least until 3 P.M. tomorrow. I'd lay a substantial sum of money down which way this is going to go. And his supporters are going to shovel it down and ask for more.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Sounds like the government was already there taking documents twice before, and by Trump's own admission he basically told them he had more documents they weren't getting. He sounds like a total moron.

• Plus1 3
51 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Sounds like the government was already there taking documents twice before, and by Trump's own admission he basically told them he had more documents they weren't getting. He sounds like a total moron.

Bingo,  Zrod!  To the head of the lunch line for you, today.  Trump IS a total moron.  

Garland just "b!^@h slapped" Trump, and most importantly Trump followers and allies (Faux NoNews).  The Republican Congressmen and Senators who have been attacking the FBI and protecting Trump will be doing their own soft shoe shuffle to dance around the truth.  

"For the last 72 hours, since the FBI conducted a search of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, the former President has spouted any number of claims about what happened and why. He’s said that Democrats led the search (they didn’t) and raised the possibility that FBI agents might have planted evidence, without providing any proof of the allegation.

On Thursday, Attorney General Merrick Garland struck back – albeit in the limited way available to him as the head of the Justice Department still actively investigating the possibility that Trump took classified documents out of the White House and had them stored at his mansion in Florida.

Garland announced that he had asked a judge to unseal both the search warrant justifying Monday’s search as well as the receipt of what was taken."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/politics/garland-trump-mar-a-lago-search-bluff/index.html

• Haha 1