Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I so hope this is what they found and can prove. And hopefully it wasn’t the type of nuclear information and 3rd party that would really endanger national security.

Yes hopefully not to his boyfriend in NK or his puppet master in Russia  Or could it be to the Saudi government that just sponsored the golf tournament at Trump course and who signed some big deal with Jared

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Even a "president" can't declassify state secrets on a whim.

The Executive branch is just one of three prongs of the government. They do not have universal power.

Exactly. He had fairly broad power to declassify a lot of things (scary, I know) but certain Top Secret/SCI things, especially nuclear information….not even POTUS can unilaterally declassify.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I was thinking last night here we are 2 years into and away from the so called Trump 'presidency' if you want to call it that and he is still right there in the head lines.  Still the talk of Fox News.  Still the leader of the Republican party influencing pretty much all of their thoughts, words and actions.  Still f'n here.  How in tf did America let this happen??????  It's completely bonkers if you really sit and think about it.

Read my original post that started this thread. I had hoped that it would be a short lived thread 

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

All this is actually a win/win in my view as there are only 2 scenarios to play out.

1). This turns out to be a nothing burger and the Biden DOJ is shown to head hunting a political opponent.   Or

2). Trump took the documents in question and is convicted of a felony, can’t run for office and DeSantis mops the floor with any of the Dem candidates.   

Either is fine by me.  

No, that is not the only two scenarios. 

• Plus1 2

Maybe one of the board spin doctors will chime in here because I'm still trying to figure this out.

So the FBI planted declassified documents that Trump knew were declassified even though the FBI planted them.  I mean he was bellowing that none of his people were present during said planting of documents so through some mental mind warp he knew they were declassified, by him, right? 

Then if the FBI had only asked nicely he would have given them the planted docs that he couldn't have had since they had yet to be planted yet.  Or did Trump telepathically declassify them after they were planted and after he became just an ordinary citizen again like the rest of us?  

:dunno

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Maybe one of the board spin doctors will chime in here because I'm still trying to figure this out.

So the FBI planted declassified documents that Trump knew were declassified even though the FBI planted them.  I mean he was bellowing that none of his people were present during said planting of documents so through some mental mind warp he knew they were declassified, by him, right? 

Then if the FBI had only asked nicely he would have given them the planted docs that he couldn't have had since they had yet to be planted yet.  Or did Trump telepathically declassify them after they were planted and after he became just an ordinary citizen again like the rest of us?  

:dunno

I bet you Trump supporters’ kids get away with everything!  These people can’t sense bulls#!t if you stuff it up their nose…

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I bet you Trump supporters’ kids get away with everything!  These people can’t sense bulls#!t if you stuff it up their nose…

To me, few things are as insulting as someone straight up lying to you and then thinking you're dumb enough to believe it.  Like there is no way you could sniff out their superior craftiness.

• Plus1 2
On 8/11/2022 at 7:53 PM, nic said:

I have not been served a warrant so I do not know what is in one. What the country needs to know from the DOJ is why they raided the house and did they found what they were looking for. If they found documents related to national security, Trump is an extreme idiot or a criminal. If it’s either of those, charges should be brought. If we never find out what they found and no charges are brought against him, then his power increases and the claims of a witch hunt go on unfettered. The Government also needs to take care of this quickly for the sake of the country. If they delay until 2024, it’s a witch hunt in the eyes of many.

Smiley face all you want.  Bill Maher agrees. :D

"In the end, it comes down to what is in these boxes… if it turns out to be the real deal, if it turns out that Donald Trump has violated the Espionage Act, that is a serious crime and he should be held to account," Morgan said. "If it doesn't turn out to be there, that there are legitimate questions, I think, from the Trump supporters about the different standards applied to Donald Trump that hasn't been applied to Hillary Clinton, to James Comey, to Hunter Biden and the others."

• Fire 1