Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

In other words Trump was putting our national security at risk, putting the lives of assets around the world at risk, compromising ongoing intelligence gathering operations, and on and on.

Tldr?  He's f#&%ed.  

Amazing the silence though on this by our resident board MAGA superheroes.  You'd think that no part of Making America Great Again would include the violation of the Espionage Act by the cult leader but here we are. 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

So what day do we expect the Orange Buffoon to enter jail in his orange jumpsuit :dunno

He is blatantly guilty of very high crimes here, and I expect he will be convicted, but I don't think there is any scenario where he sees a true prison. You can't put a former president and his secret service detail in general population. My guess is he gets to serve his time under house arrest, whatever that looks like. 

47 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

He is blatantly guilty of very high crimes here, and I expect he will be convicted, but I don't think there is any scenario where he sees a true prison. You can't put a former president and his secret service detail in general population. My guess is he gets to serve his time under house arrest, whatever that looks like. 

Depends on what they find. I would think that felony conviction would void his SS protection and other pot presidency benefits. But I don’t know the “rules” on this. House arrest would  leave him as a danger to our democracy 

Jail time is the only proper solution to end his terror game in my opinion. 

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

There are prisons for white collar criminals that I think he would fit in just fine.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, mrandyk said:

maybe we could trade him to russia for that WNBA player.   

• Oh Yeah! 2

3 hours ago, mrandyk said:

Near the end of the article it mentions what could happen.  

https://www.newsweek.com/2022/07/29/will-trump-do-time-what-it-would-take-convict-former-president-1726054.html?amp=1

50 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

That all seems like wishful thinking that he could be put into an actual prison. Their only citation for putting him in prison is Hitler, a man who was not a former head of state, it was 90 years ago, in a different country, and of course Hitler still went on to do what he is remembered for.

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Depends on what they find. I would think that felony conviction would void his SS protection and other pot presidency benefits. But I don’t know the “rules” on this. House arrest would  leave him as a danger to our democracy 

Jail time is the only proper solution to end his terror game in my opinion. 

From my limited research, it seems that SS protection can't be revoked. Of course we are in uncharted territory where new rules could possibly be written, but the consensus I'm seeing is that SS protection is enduring.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There are prisons for white collar criminals that I think he would fit in just fine.

That would be more than he deserves, but the cynic in me doubts he gets even that. Never been held accountable for anything in his life. Would be fitting if he got to keep putting around his home the same way he lives his life now, despite being the worst figure in American history.

• Plus1 2