Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I really don’t quite understand why you all resort to personal attacks when we’re having a decent discussion on the direction of the Senate.

Yes, I’m fine with McConnell running the Senate.  Why in the world is that cartoonish? 

I don't know if the "multi-quote" function has the ability....

There isn't a  "new" audience here.  We all know each other's posting history.

You have EARNED a reputation.  You don't like it?  Work to change it.

I'm good either way.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Okay, so you are equating the intelligence.  Witch isn't true to any person with the presence of at 4/5 senses.

And also, you do like the "politics" of Cheney (assuming since she voted with McConnel like 100% of the time)

Do you realize that you are confirming the idea of you as a "cartoon"????

Which not Witch.   Normally I wouldn’t point that out because I type fast and don’t reread for errors, but since you call me out for having only one sense I had to.   And yes, those two people are comparable in intelligence IMO. 

Yes, the politics of Cheney were fine outside of her and her dads war stances, as I’ve said before and you most likely have read.   She jumped the shark when she was in a leadership position and couldn’t walk and chews gum at the same time.  All she would talk about is Jan6th.  It’s why she lost her position and then doubled down on it and now lost her job.   

I’m not:thumbs

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You have EARNED a reputation.  You don't like it?  Work to change it.

I’m quite fine.   I guess luckily that’s a bit less work I have to do.  

You would prefer Schumer in charge of the Senate, I would prefer McConnell.  If you have to resort to personnel attacks to make your point, that’s really not my problem or issue.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m quite fine.   I guess luckily that’s a bit less work I have to do.  

You would prefer Schumer in charge of the Senate, I would prefer McConnell.  If you have to resort to personnel attacks to make your point, that’s really not my problem or issue.   

WTF are you even going on about?  I want a person that can at least explain their OWN vote for their state.  At minimum.

Like I said, life would be so much easier if my standard was: "well this is coming from top down, so it's what we're doing"...

It's like being a teacher and kids complaining about not allowed to wear hats, and all I say is "well, principal said so..."  and not having any type of rationale ready for my class of 25 thirteen year olds.  I might not agree with the principal, but at least I can attempt some sort of reasoning...

Be happy voting for idiots that come from the primaries of your peers.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump is nuts. And that is not how elections work. I get that the Hunter Biden laptop story was a coordinated delay on news that might affect the election, but it would not have been enough to change the outcome. Plus I am pretty sure FOX reported on it. 

Former President Donald Trump demanded reinstatement as president or "a new Election, immediately" after news that Facebook temporarily limited a controversial story about Hunter Biden's laptop in users' news feeds before the 2020 election.

Trump was responding to Facebook, now Meta, CEO Mark Zuckerberg's comments on Joe Rogan's podcast that a New York Post story about the laptop "fit the pattern" of polarizing content, including "Russian propaganda," that the FBI had warned the company about.  The laptop story had several red flags that raised questions about its authenticity and Facebook limited its reach on the site's news feeds for a few days.

• Haha 2
On 8/26/2022 at 11:28 PM, mrandyk said:

Sure, but there is no law against nominating a convicted felon for president. Take that, libs!

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, could keep Trump off the ballot. That section says that no person "shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military" who had previously taken an oath to support the Constitution and then "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." That section was added after the Civil War.