Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I mean, how is this not treason?

Per Webster:  Treason:  the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

1 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family. 2 : the betrayal of a trust : treachery.

So, Knapp - I think there is no doubt, what happened prior to Jan 6, On Jan 6, and after Jan 6, that Trump's continued actions have been treasonous. 

Why he isn't in jail by now is beyond me.  

• Thanks 1
On 8/27/2022 at 8:15 AM, funhusker said:

Let's be clear with everyone here.

Trump had no "politics".

He supported and signed whatever the GOP brass told him to.  That's why Cheney and Kizinger voted along side him so often.

What Trump was/is, is a poisonous persona that attracted the worst in America.  There are many great conservatives.  There are also a lot of s#!tty people (sorry I didn't want to offend by saying "deplorable") that will vote for conservative politicians if they feel they will support their s#!tty beliefs.

Now, the GOP has given those s#!tty folks power within the party.  And they either have to stand up against, or deal with the backlash from what is hopefully a larger electorate.

This isn't a complicated situtation.

If you support a GOP that continues to give power to s#!tty people, you are hurting America.  We want/need a responsible and thoughtful government.  Electing folks like Herschel Walker just because he promises to do what Mitch McConnell says is anti-american.  Why should a Senator (that many pro-Trumpers hate) from Kentucky tell a senator for Georgia what to vote for?

Until GOP voters choose to distance themselves from this s#!t show, we are stuck with it.  And I don't see the America we love lasting much more than a generation if that's the case.  Our system of govt is what makes America great, at least as written in the Constitution.  Not apple pie, Jesus, or football...

America has really great people, and also really bad people.  Choose to support the good!

All good points.   Yes, Trump was an opportunist - period.  He would push policies for the GOP, what the evangelical church wanted because it gave him power NOT because he valued any of it as a core belief.  He had only one core belief - self promotion and power.  If the Dems had nominated him, he would have done that same thing - support all of their views and he would have appointed 'liberal' Pro-choice (there I said it) judges. He realized coming prior to coming down that escalator on some ugly day in 2015 that the GOP provided the easiest route to power and the ability to capitalize to promote his brand and enrich himself even more.  

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I mean, how is this not treason?

I about puked yesterday.  I was listening to the national news and a report came on and said that Biden was being criticized by some people because of something bad he said.  They played a speech where he said he doesn't respect MAGA Republicans.  That's basically it.  And, he's catching crap about that.  Meanwhile, we have big fat idiot on the other side saying things like this.

Personally, I thought Biden's comments were dead on point.  These people don't deserve respect in the political arena.  They need to be called out for what they are.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I about puked yesterday.  I was listening to the national news and a report came on and said that Biden was being criticized by some people because of something bad he said.  They played a speech where he said he doesn't respect MAGA Republicans.  That's basically it.  And, he's catching crap about that.  Meanwhile, we have big fat idiot on the other side saying things like this.

Personally, I thought Biden's comments were dead on point.  These people don't deserve respect in the political arena.  They need to be called out for what they are.

If you're going to play directly from the fascist playbook then put on some big boy pants and own it when someone calls you out as a fascist.  It's not hyperbole anymore.  If anyone is naive enough to think Trump won't go on a campaign of exterminating any and all perceived enemies of his should he return to power, the last few examples above should, but won't, convince all but the most indoctrinated. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

If half of this article is true then the trump conspiracy is much bigger than just trying to get re-elected   Per this article Trump wanted to set up an oligarchy like Russia China. Saudi Arabia. And Hungary 

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-seditious-conspiracy-2657964597/

There was, it increasingly appears, a conspiracy involving some in the most senior levels of the Trump administration to end American representative democracy and replace it with a strongman oligarchy along the lines of Putin’s Russia or Orbán’s Hungary.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2