Knowing what we know now, at this moment....

Cdog923

If you could have a mulligan...  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Revisionist history time

• Scott Frost
    • Matt Campbell
    • Dan Mullen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2020 at 05:59 AM

10000%  NO !

Scott is more invested in this program that anyone since Solich and any possible coach out there.  

1.  He will  not run during the adversity and the crap he catches from fans.

2.  Nebraska will give him a longer leash and not make a knee jerk change, which is why we are in this mess to begin with

3.  Once he brings this program back to prominence (even top 10), he will not bolt for greener pastures

4.  He has already recruited his tail off and understands the climate and culture

*  Campbell is awesome !!!  I really respect him.  He has rebuilt in the Big 12, which almost all of us agree would be an easier job than the Big 10.  He says he won't leave, but wait until ISU wins the Big 12, and then he will move on !!  

*  I like Mullen too. My son is a Florida fan so have followed them for years.  Mullen would be good, but has been known to bolt and move to greener pastures.

• Fire 1

You should have made a bigger play for Matt.  He brought a staff that develops players.  Frost and his staff doesn't seem to have the ability or interest in evaluating and developing recruits.

Before you all go off the rails on me, hear me out.  I hear a lot of bragging about all the talent Nebraska has and how highly ranked the recruiting classes are but that's not translating into success on the field.  Matt Campbell and his staff takes their 3 star recruits and turns them into exceptional football players.

Breece Hall...3*

Charlie Kolar...3*

Brock Purdy...3*

Mike Rose...3*

David Montgomery...no stars.

Here's goes after hard playing, fundamentally sound players and develops them into legitimate All Americans.  And he does it at Iowa State.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

You should have made a bigger play for Matt.  He brought a staff that develops players.  Frost and his staff doesn't seem to have the ability or interest in evaluating and developing recruits.

Before you all go off the rails on me, hear me out.  I hear a lot of bragging about all the talent Nebraska has and how highly ranked the recruiting classes are but that's not translating into success on the field.  Matt Campbell and his staff takes their 3 star recruits and turns them into exceptional football players.

Breece Hall...3*

Charlie Kolar...3*

Brock Purdy...3*

Mike Rose...3*

Here's goes after hard playing, fundamentally sound players and develops them into legitimate All Americans.  And he does it at Iowa State.

With amazing coaching skills like that you'd think they'd be able to just kill Sun Belt teams.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Breece Hall...3*

Charlie Kolar...3*

Brock Purdy...3*

Mike Rose...3*

Campbell would have left Nebraska for more fertile recruiting grounds just like he will ISU. Frost will be here for the longterm.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Breece Hall...3*

Charlie Kolar...3*

Brock Purdy...3*

Mike Rose...3*

One of those guys is an All American, let's calm it down here.  Campbell also hasn't beaten Iowa either.

• Plus1 2

The reality is Frost is doing this right... It is year 3 but in reality it's year 1 after the burn down.  He knew he would have a long enough leash to clean house and rebuild this the right way.  It's stinks from a fan standpoint but I believe he is on the right path to compete for titles in the next 3 years.  I do believe the results there last 2 years would have been better if he didn't have some bad luck.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t think we would’ve gotten Mullen or been able to keep him if he was successful. Matt Campbell is solid but would he recruit as well as Frost. The facts are Frost was our dream hire if he’s successful we know we get him for as long as he wants to coach and he understands what it takes to be great here. 

• Plus1 2

I wouldn’t want anybody else but Frost, however I would change a few things. For his own sake I’m happy it didn’t happen,  but recruit Burrow and have a legit competition at QB. Work with his dad to get JD gone. Upgrade staff prior to year 3.

Not happy with where we are but to not go mad, I’ve conditioned myself to think years 5-7 are going to be exciting now that he’s burned the roster to rebuild. There are good leaders in the 2019 class and I think when they cycle through those kids will pass have established the culture Frost is taking the right time implementing. 

• Plus1 1

Scott was the hire then and is the hire now.  He couldn't recruit the 4 and 5 stars out of the gate, so he opted to swing for the fences on some development prospects. They are developing, but by very nature takes a bit of time.  I'd say things are pretty right on track in that regard. He has a glaring QB problem, but again, his depth in that room are young development projects. We will be ok.

• Plus1 2

Knowing what I know now the only other option would’ve been Orgeron... but we all know that would’ve been impossible to hire a tough guy like him with all the hatred for tough coaches .....and Scott is still our guy. If Frost can’t turn it around, it might be a long time if ever....I probably won’t live to see it.