Knowing what we know now, at this moment....

Cdog923

If you could have a mulligan...  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Revisionist history time

• Scott Frost
    • Matt Campbell
    • Dan Mullen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2020 at 05:59 AM

41 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

He was hanging around Lincoln and seemingly interested when they hired Riley. He can recruit anywhere. 

But yea, he was basically made for LSU. 

I think he made a play for the defensive coordinator job with Riley. Like maybe even asked for it. 

He lost himself this year. He lost weight, dumped his wife of over 20 years, and picked up a young co-Ed. Maybe after Frost is fired we can make  a play for him. 

This is easy.  Frost was my guy and still is.

But I will go on record and say that it would have been sweet to get Urban Meyer.  And if we didn't get Frost, couldn't get Meyer, I wanted the Pirate!  Mike Leach.  By year 2 the offense under leach would have been fun and exciting, and probably 10 wins by year 3.  Plus the pressers would have been awesome.  The B1G would hate us and him for being so dangerous and exciting.  chuckleshuffle

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, admo said:

This is easy.  Frost was my guy and still is.

But I will go on record and say that it would have been sweet to get Urban Meyer.  And if we didn't get Frost, couldn't get Meyer, I wanted the Pirate!  Mike Leach.  By year 2 the offense under leach would have been fun and exciting, and probably 10 wins by year 3.  Plus the pressers would have been awesome.  The B1G would hate us and him for being so dangerous and exciting.  chuckleshuffle

Amen

The only rap on grabbing Frost would have been if he was unproven and we were blinded by his being a hometown hero and link to our last national championship.

The fact is, Scott Frost of UCF was the hottest coaching prospect in college football that year. And unlike every other coaching candidate we will ever covet, the University of Nebraska was his first choice.

Total no-brainer. 

• Plus1 4
22 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think Tom Osborne himself admitted defenses had caught up with his offense, and like the innovator he was he would have his own modern take if he was coaching today.

I can't provide the quote, but awhile ago, I believe I read that Tom said his offense would have evolved into something resembling Urban Meyer's offense at Florida in the 2000s. 

• Plus1 1

On 11/10/2020 at 11:32 AM, Wistrom Disciple said:

To which part? Rankings tell the whole story or that our defense has noticeably improved over last year? 

I wouldn't get too caught up in rankings numbers yet. As one of our two games was against a top 5 team in the country and we looked much more stout up front this year compared to last year's embarrassment against them. We still have some breakdowns that I really hope the coaches figure out and clean up but overall, I think Chins and the defensive staff have improved quite a bit.

I really wish I could say the same for the offensive side.

Our defense visually looks improved so far this year. They look different. That and Reimer is gonna be heck of a football player.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I think he made a play for the defensive coordinator job with Riley. Like maybe even asked for it. 

He lost himself this year. He lost weight, dumped his wife of over 20 years, and picked up a young co-Ed. Maybe after Frost is fired we can make  a play for him. 

I could be wrong, but I've always thought Orgeron to be cut from the same cloth as Chizik.  You know one of those old sayings where even a blind squirrel can find a nut?  If you compare Orgeron's record at Ole Miss, it is quite similar to Chizik's record at Iowa State.  They both have a NC under their belt, but they both had once in a lifetime QBs.  The jury is still out on Orgeron, but he has absolutely sucked it up this year.  Looking at the rest of their schedule, I'm not sure he'll get another victory this year.  

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, Wistrom Disciple said:

You think those rankings tell the whole story? If you don't see noticeable improvement for the defense this year over last year, I don't know what to tell ya. 

Just wondering if you are still seeing "improvement"? No wait...noticeable improvement? Asking for a friend. 

• Plus1 1