Forde Yard Dash: A look at the five lease efficient passing offenses in the power five

seaofred92

https://www.si.com/college/2020/11/10/power-5-left-behind-passing-revolution

Nebraska. Record: 0-2. Pass efficiency rating: 104.24. National ranking: 115th out of 123, and seventh-lowest among teams that have played more than one game. Only one FBS team that has played more than one game has failed to throw a touchdown pass. Take a bow, Cornhuskers. They’ve thrown the ball 65 times, and not once has a quarterback completed it to someone wearing the same-colored jersey in the end zone. Adrian Martinez is regressing statistically as a passer, leading Scott Frost to give more opportunities to backup Luke McCaffrey—most notably with the game on the line against Northwestern Saturday. We’ll see how long Frost stays committed to a two-QB rotation—perhaps until one of them throws a TD pass.

Hate him or not, our passing game sux a bag of dicks.....We are setting new records, but none of them good.  Not a good look for Frost, Verduzzco and Co.........And I don't care about lack of vertical passing game. That stat is embarrassing as hell.....

So is this one:

What do East Carolina, Louisiana Tech, Northern Illinois, Rice, Arkansas, San Jose State, New Mexico State, Ohio, Tulane, Vanderbilt and Nebraska have in common?

After Saturday, those are the 11 schools since 2000 to have gained at least 28 first downs in a game and score fewer than 13 points. Nebraska joined that group with the 21-13 loss at Northwestern.

That exact scenario (28-plus first downs, 13-or-fewer points) has happened 13 times this century––poor East Carolina and San Jose State have done it twice––but that’s over a stretch that includes more than 30,000 individual games. It’s hard to do. Football doesn’t typically work that way.

Rest of article here...

https://hailvarsity.com/football/its-hard-to-have-the-scoring-struggles-the-huskers-had-at-northwestern/

• Plus1 1

I am so tired of watching bad football at Nebraska.  :bang:facepalm:    Frustrating to see AM digress over 3 years.  He was to be THE QB to lead us back into relevance.  Where is the "QB whisperer", Coach V, in this discussion.  Who would have thought that our D would be the strength of this team - maybe that only says how pathetic the O has been.  I am glad this is a 'mulligan' year.  We need time to get our ship right.  I want Nebraska to be competitive when I go to watch them in Norman next year.