*** Official Penn State Game Thread ***

Mavric

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Preeeeetty sure we had a poster accuse Williams of being "a poor man's Damion Stafford"...where you at, bro??

It wasn’t me, but IIRC I do remember a fellow B1G coach calling Franklin out and saying this would eventually happen at Penn State last year in the “anonymous coaches’ takes” that some B1G writers gather before the season starts. 

Looks like the coach was right, but just a season too early. That and it sounds like a comment PJ Fleck would ironically make. 

Also, just got done with soccer. Love having an undefeated group of girls that go after the ball and work together. Reminds me of Leicester City 2015. 

Great half overall.  A few notes:

-Great seeing a focus on getting the ball in Wan'Dale's hands.  He needs touches. BUT, we've got to find a better way than just lining him up at RB.  His body is not meant to be tackled by defensive lineman 10x per game.  

-Marvin Scott is my favorite of the backup RBs we've seen so far this season.  Much like boxing and naturally heavy handed punchers, Scott is a "heavy" running RB.  He runs through contact, every time he touches the ball.  Really like his future here.  I'd like to see Morrison in the 2nd half if possible, Mike'l Severe tweeted about him looking huge in pregame warmups.

-Offensive play calling has generally been very good.  Great seeing Betts show his ability, gonna be more touches coming his way as the season progresses. 

Just now, knapplc said:

Per Mike Babcock, this is the first time Nebraska has used the West sideline in a game since Devaney's first game in 1962.

I have a hunch this might not be the last time we use the West sideline. With no fans this was the perfect time to try it out. I agree with what others said earlier and move the student section next year to the lower bowl rows of East sideline right behind the visitors.

I wonder if we do keep using the West sideline if they would change our tunnel entrance to the Northeast corner when the new facility is built?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Frost has mixed McCaffrey in on a series in our first two games. Does he put Martinez in for a series in the second half, or does he stick with Luke the whole game?

Adrian needs to not take a snap at QB the entire game.  Use him as a wideout decoy and don't give him the ball, maybe.  He is inconsistent when in the rhythm of a game.  Can't see how consistency then comes from being cold.

Adrian, Warner, and Dismuke should all be huddles together deep on the bench and cheering loudly for others.

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Adrian needs to not take a snap at QB the entire game.  Use him as a wideout decoy and don't give him the ball, maybe.  He is inconsistent when in the rhythm of a game.  Can't see how consistency then comes from being cold.

Adrian, Warner, and Dismuke should all be huddles together deep on the bench and cheering loudly for others.

God Bless him. It certainly wasn’t for a lack of effort and team spirit. He’s been caught up in unrealistic expectations and intense scrutiny. I think he turned into a basket case. If we can’t find a place somewhere for him I hope he transfers and starts anew somewhere