*** Official Penn State Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Whatever happens with this game...whatever happens with the rest of this crazy season one thing is clear:

Nebraska's offensive scheme needs a complete overhaul in the offseason.

And it will not happen.  Frost is WAY too proud.  It is evident to me, that his 13-0 season was the outlier.  We are seeing the real offensive genius on display.  he is too married to a scheme that allows no power game or he has been so far removed that he doesn't believe it is needed.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

That's one thing I haven't seen Frost do.  Use misdirection to counter a D.  Get them going one way and come back across.  Use motion to bring the D across the field to open up a lane on the outside.  No play calling to set anything up.  The scripted series is good, then he goes all Chinese buffet for the rest of the game.  Sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, pizza, ice cream, sushi etc........A little of everything, but none of it really good....

This is where Tom Osborne was a Master Playcaller. His offensive play calling scheme had it all: Misdirection, Speed, Power, Option.

It seriously pains me to no end to say it but Nebraska offense's problem right now is Scott Frost.

• Plus1 3