*** Official Penn State Game Thread ***

Mavric

Something definitely amis with our lack of halftime adjustments and our paucity of scoring in the third quarter. Also continuing issues with red zone philosophy and execution. Having said that, those last two defensive stands will go a long way in instilling some confidence in the future. I agree with those who say it wasn't pretty by any means, but it is a win and we've been struggling to get those... so I'll take it!!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Do you all think Luke is the answer? I guess he has the win, but his arm is not good. Maybe that’s why we don’t have a deep threat. 

He's our best option right now. We need to keep recruiting good QBs every year. Maybe we'll be arguing about his back up next year or maybe his arm will get stronger. He has only been a QB for a few years IIRC.

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Rather win ugly than lose ugly. But my concern about this staff continues. Hopefully this win gives everyone a boost. 

I know. I can’t believe that Frost has not got control of managing the clock and communicating play calls in his third year.  These are basic coaching things. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

I know. I can’t believe that Frost has not got control of managing the clock and communicating play calls in his third year.  These are basic coaching things. 

Other than the timeouts on first downs, where did Frost manage the clock poorly today?  The first timeout was caused when a captain (Warner) didn't go on the field as part of the formation.

Just now, PaulCrewe said:

Nice for the team to get off the snide with a win.

This is NOT the same PSU squad many figured on seeing this year, but take the win.

However, a whole lot of questions still exist.  

They are tough in the trenches and it nearly got them a come-from-behind win.

7 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Do you all think Luke is the answer? I guess he has the win, but his arm is not good. Maybe that’s why we don’t have a deep threat. 

He is better at short passes, quick decisions, and brings a little more to the running game compared to AM. I think AM is a better passer when he's not in his head. I don't know what happens but he loses it and gets all sorts of inaccurate. Honestly neither are as good as I hoped coming into the season. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Other than the timeouts on first downs, where did Frost manage the clock poorly today?  The first timeout was caused when a captain (Warner) didn't go on the field as part of the formation.

I'd chalk the called pass play on the last offensive series that should have been picked on 3rd down in there, but the TO issues were the only other examples,

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I see the entire team looking at the sidelines waiting for plays as the clock ticks down very often.  I see confusion in personnel packages very often.  I am very concerned about these simple game management issues. 

and continual time outs on first downs? 

• Plus1 1
Just now, PaulCrewe said:

I'd chalk the called pass play on the last offensive series that should have been picked on 3rd down in there, but the TO issues were the only other examples,

I don't mind passing it on 3rd down, because a first down takes another minute off the clock (Penn State had 1 remaining timeout).  Falck was open coming across the formation, and Luke missed him.  I hate it when teams plunge the ball 3 times into the line, just to take timeouts from the opponent.