*** Official Penn State Game Thread ***

Mavric

9 minutes ago, TheSker said:

So just put 11 freshmen out there.....then blame Frost for play calling 

Your defense of Frost is getting comical.  We are year 3 and it's the same thing.  Last week I said let them play more and you said Frost did.  This game I'm saying the same thing.  Let the talent play.  Limited Scott, not RT (still hurt?). Little Brown etc....play them.  The play calling sucks.  That's Frost and only Frost.  Sucked with vets, sucks with young kids, sucks with his guys, sucked with Riley's guys.  DEVELOP YOUR TEAM....Change your scheme.....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Frost is trying to run the same he ran way back at Oregon.  Problem is defenses have adjusted to it, he doesn’t have the same talent/experience, and I personally believe that Frost is fun shy in the second half for some stupid reason.  Either that or he has no idea how to make an adjustment because NU is a dreadful second half team and has been since year one of Frost and Co.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

Your defense of Frost is getting comical.  We are year 3 and it's the same thing.  Last week I said let them play more and you said Frost did.  This game I'm saying the same thing.  Let the talent play.  Limited Scott, not RT (still hurt?). Little Brown etc....play them.  The play calling sucks.  That's Frost and only Frost.  Sucked with vets, sucks with young kids, sucks with his guys, sucked with Riley's guys.  DEVELOP YOUR TEAM....Change your scheme.....

You're reading the defense of Frost into it 

You"be bashed every play caller since Osborne.  Literally 

We play freshmen and redshirt freshmen a TON.

I'll post one comment!

Can't we take a breath, enjoy the win, watch the team mature and just enjoy being on the winning side for the first time this year. The remainder of our schedule is winnable...

1 game at a time

So many b!^@hing!! I don't get it..

before the season began nearly everyone had us pegged at 1-3 (or 2-2 at best).. therefore, imo we are 2-2 (wisky forfeited).

Me.. well, I'll take this win. The money monkey is off their back. Maybe they begin to play a little faster, a little looser and with a little more confidence. I'm going to enjoy this win until kickoff next Saturday! GBR!!

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You're reading the defense of Frost into it 

You"be bashed every play caller since Osborne.  Literally 

We play freshmen and redshirt freshmen a TON.

Haha.  I even bashed TO when bowl season rolled around :D.  Honestly, I liked Frank as well.  Had Carl Crawford come here, we would all see Frank in a different light IMHO.  But you are correct, Beck, Wats, Lang and Frost.  Of those, it'd be a toss up between Langs and Frost as the worst TBH.  Frost came here in the heels of 13-0, said he hopes the B1G would adjust to us and hasn't delivered at all.....

As to the true fresh, this season is a mulligan. Put the game in Betts hands (literally) on a deep route.  Use a FB in the red zone and give Scott an extra blocker. I loved the "shuttle" pass to Betts for the TD. Not just the TD, but misdirection.  Used his speed and abilities.  There is a ton of talent that needs to be used when the game is on the line.  Just my .02

39 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, but with that short of a FG another 5 yards back wasn't going to really matter.  If anything it gives the kicker a better angle.  NU only had 5 penalties for 39 yards, and one of those 5-yarders was a voluntary delay of game before a punt.

True, but Frost just seems to still struggle regularly with the fundamentals in his 5th year as a head coach, 3rd at Nebraska.  Nebraska is still rebuilding and will struggle to win a lot of games, but that is compounded by the number of times they just make unforced errors.  If they could clean that up they can focus on getting harder to defend, etc.

And after the creative ways Nebraska has managed to lose these past few years, I take nothing for granted - certainly not even a short field goal. 

I'm glad they won - at least now they won't go 0-fer this season, which would have been disastrous for the program. Hopefully they can build upon it, but the one thing we've seen these past few years - just when it seems they get it going, they find a way to destroy their momentum.  It would be nice to see them beat Illinois and one or two out of Minnesota/Purdue/crossover game.   If they can get 4 wins and go 4-5 that would be something to build on for next year, with the defense looking like they are slowly improving.  But, I think Frost needs to seriously look at how he is selecting plays during the game and getting that play into the team.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Haha.  I even bashed TO when bowl season rolled around :D.  Honestly, I liked Frank as well.  Had Carl Crawford come here, we would all see Frank in a different light IMHO.  But you are correct, Beck, Wats, Lang and Frost.  Of those, it'd be a toss up between Langs and Frost as the worst TBH.  Frost came here in the heels of 13-0, said he hopes the B1G would adjust to us and hasn't delivered at all.....

As to the true fresh, this season is a mulligan. Put the game in Betts hands (literally) on a deep route.  Use a FB in the red zone and give Scott an extra blocker. I loved the "shuttle" pass to Betts for the TD. Not just the TD, but misdirection.  Used his speed and abilities.  There is a ton of talent that needs to be used when the game is on the line.  Just my .02

Also curious why we haven't really tried to go back to an I-formation mix like we did against Ohio State last year for a drive. Just something to mix up what the defense is expecting. We don't have a ton of surprises and seem to like running our smallest back (Wandale) into the teeth of the defense repeatedly. We have to be able to mix some things up or else we're going to be stagnant a lot.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't think Frost views this season as a mulligan.

And I hope he sticks to the formula for the correct way to develop players