*** Official Penn State Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Also curious why we haven't really tried to go back to an I-formation mix like we did against Ohio State last year for a drive. Just something to mix up what the defense is expecting. We don't have a ton of surprises and seem to like running our smallest back (Wandale) into the teeth of the defense repeatedly. We have to be able to mix some things up or else we're going to be stagnant a lot.

Hearing Austin's off season comments, I really thought we would.  Not as a staple per say, but as a more planned and actual part of our scheme.  Not a gimmick thing.

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't think Frost views this season as a mulligan.

And I hope he sticks to the formula for the correct way to develop players 

If he doesn’t see this season as a mulligan then it’s a huge mistake in my opinion.  I can’t think of any reason not to play the most talented people and not necessarily the most “seasoned” players.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

This win is program boosting and I don’t care if it’s an 0-4 PSU or not. The defense gave up a ton of yards and made the necessary stops when they needed. Even with the OSU loss, they have stabilized the team while the offense figures it out. It’s frustrating as heck to not see Frost adjust and figure it out to string a couple drives together, but that’ll come - just as the players will clean up their miscues. Those timing plays are there if they don’t run into each other, slip, miss a block, flip the flea flicker high, or misfire a snap. Not going to take any win for granted, build from here!

23 hours ago, Loebarth said:

I'll post one comment!

Can't we take a breath, enjoy the win, watch the team mature and just enjoy being on the winning side for the first time this year. The remainder of our schedule is winnable...

1 game at a time

So many b!^@hing!! I don't get it..

before the season began nearly everyone had us pegged at 1-3 (or 2-2 at best).. therefore, imo we are 2-2 (wisky forfeited).

Me.. well, I'll take this win. The money monkey is off their back. Maybe they begin to play a little faster, a little looser and with a little more confidence. I'm going to enjoy this win until kickoff next Saturday! GBR!!

Anyone who doesn't start off a post with _______________ sucks or we suck is dismissed as koolaid drinkers.

I have beefs with the play calling, burning timeouts due to disorganized coaching.....I really do, but can we revel in a win just for a while?

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, Spooky Tooth said:

Anyone who doesn't start off a post with _______________ sucks or we suck is dismissed as koolaid drinkers.

I have beefs with the play calling, burning timeouts due to disorganized coaching.....I really do, but can we revel in a win just for a while?

My sentiments exactly!! Besides its more fun to be happy chuckleshuffle

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The team needs to learn how to win. The fans also need to learn how to appreciate a win. The last several pages of this thread, from after the game, read like trauma victims trying to cope.

Given the last 20 years, I think that they’re are fans left that want to post on a message board is amazing. 

• Plus1 1