McCaffrey's 1st Start

admo

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait.....didn’t we win yesterday?   Now when we win it’s just a moral victory?

this self pity is so confusing.  

You twisted my words to puff yourself up.  You don't need to do that.  We are Husker fans.  

I didn't say winning was a "moral victory" ... I was stating that we don't need to be comparing the points as it relates to OSU.  

And finally, there is no "self pity" here.  You are a bit confused and this type of language really doesn't build up the site at all.  If you have a beef then take it to the "Woodshed".  It's a Husker sports forum and I am sharing my view of the win.  Don't mind you "BUST"ing my viewpoint ... but here you are just twisting and jabbing.

Looks like you got a REP point for it though ... good for you.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I looked up the Clemson starters.  It looks like only the quarterback is a freshman starter.....because of Lawrence being out 

Am I missing something with your claim about multiple true freshman "crushing it" elsewhere?  What schools are you referring to?

The Auburn RB Tank Bigsby

Marshall QB Wells

Wisky QB

Deuce Vaughn KSU RB

Myles Murphy Clemson DE

Eli Ricks CB LSU

Graham Mertz QB Wisky

2 WR for OSU

To add AM in 2018, Wan'Dale 2019....  I'm just waiting for our guys (skill positions) to be given the keys to the car.

1 minute ago, lo country said:

The Auburn RB Tank Bigsby

Marshall QB Wells

Wisky QB

Deuce Vaughn KSU RB

Myles Murphy Clemson DE

Eli Ricks CB LSU

Graham Mertz QB Wisky

2 WR for OSU

There are more.  They are contributing.  They are starters.  We will rarely agree.  no worries.

But c'mon man.....your claim is we should have numerous freshmen starting because other teams doing it and are "crushing it".

You just provided one example per team and in the same breath criticized Frost with an inaccurate claim.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

But c'mon man.....your claim is we should have numerous freshmen starting because other teams doing it and are "crushing it".

You just provided one example per team and in the same breath criticized Frost with an inaccurate claim.

I clarified Freshman who are starting and contributing a lot....

I will continue to criticize Frost until he shows he can actually field a disciplined team, call a full game, not burn TO's after a KO etc.....But I digress as I add more complaints.

The guys I named are guys who are doing a great job at their position.  Much like AM in 2018 and Wan'dale in 2019. Follow me here.  We started 3 (well 2) walk-ons against OSU.  They started against NW.  No one loses a RS thos year. Other teams are playing true freshman.  You continue to make this about me thinking the entire roster should be freshman......I am saying the guys who have all the talent need to be on the field......Betts, Fleming, Brown, Scott, RT etc......The guys I mentioned form various teams ARE STARTING.  They are not being developed, brought along, getting a series or play are two....They are starting....And doing a great job.  What is it with this O that prohibits true freshman from contributing (at the skill positions).  Especially when we are depleted and lack no vertical threat (I am looking at our WR room).  Hickman got moved and I have heard nothing about him...Is he injured?  Nor grasping the O?  Doesn't block?  This is me being a A$$, but I'd rather have a receiver who can reliably catch than one who can block.  A blocking receiver is great, but a receiver who catches, IMHO, is a game changer.  We need those to open up whatever buffet offense Frost is trying to run.  No OC/HC can run against an 11 man box.  

I don't see the greatness you see in Frost. To date, he is a middle of the road, maybe lower HC who in year 3 has the same issues at NU as in year 1....That's just my .02.   Do I think he has potential?  Absolutely.  But that potential is being blocked by his own inflexibility.  Takes a brave man to see what he is currently doing isn't working.  Red Zone percentage......3 rd down percentage when behind schedule etc.....Do you really think the O is that potent?  Do you not think that Betts/Fleming/Brown starting would not help?  Use Mills and Scott in the same backfield?  Spare Wan'dale the abuse...

21 minutes ago, lo country said:

I clarified Freshman who are starting and contributing a lot....

I will continue to criticize Frost until he shows he can actually field a disciplined team, call a full game, not burn TO's after a KO etc.....But I digress as I add more complaints.

The guys I named are guys who are doing a great job at their position.  Much like AM in 2018 and Wan'dale in 2019. Follow me here.  We started 3 (well 2) walk-ons against OSU.  They started against NW.  No one loses a RS thos year. Other teams are playing true freshman.  You continue to make this about me thinking the entire roster should be freshman......I am saying the guys who have all the talent need to be on the field......Betts, Fleming, Brown, Scott, RT etc......The guys I mentioned form various teams ARE STARTING.  They are not being developed, brought along, getting a series or play are two....They are starting....And doing a great job.  What is it with this O that prohibits true freshman from contributing (at the skill positions).  Especially when we are depleted and lack no vertical threat (I am looking at our WR room).  Hickman got moved and I have heard nothing about him...Is he injured?  Nor grasping the O?  Doesn't block?  This is me being a A$$, but I'd rather have a receiver who can reliably catch than one who can block.  A blocking receiver is great, but a receiver who catches, IMHO, is a game changer.  We need those to open up whatever buffet offense Frost is trying to run.  No OC/HC can run against an 11 man box.  

I don't see the greatness you see in Frost. To date, he is a middle of the road, maybe lower HC who in year 3 has the same issues at NU as in year 1....That's just my .02.   Do I think he has potential?  Absolutely.  But that potential is being blocked by his own inflexibility.  Takes a brave man to see what he is currently doing isn't working.  Red Zone percentage......3 rd down percentage when behind schedule etc.....Do you really think the O is that potent?  Do you not think that Betts/Fleming/Brown starting would not help?  Use Mills and Scott in the same backfield?  Spare Wan'dale the abuse...

My post isn't about the greatness I see in Frost.  It's that I understand the perspective of not starting Betts or Fleming or Brown yet.  Each of their snap counts is increasing.

And if Warner keeps dropping touchdown passes, he will soon lose his starting position.  I do think Frost has players like Betts and Fleming on the fast track to playing more.

What I'm most excited about is how talented the past two recruiting classes are.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lo country said:

I'm not buying into his guys/development BS.  YEAR 2 at UCF they went undefeated.  New team, new system,.......Look what he did with Shaq in year 2........HIS CRAP WON'T WORK HERE. 

Tbf they already had a great culture instilled with George o'leary. They went to a bcs bowl with him. You can't compare the two programs. They are/were in two different places both culturely and figuritively

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

Tbf they already had a great culture instilled with George o'leary. They went to a bcs bowl with him. You can't compare the two programs. They are/were in two different places both culturely and figuritively

True they did, but look at the s#!tshow that was O'Leary's last year there.  The culture exploded 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, huskered17 said:

It was his first start and he had a good first half. Second half different story. They figured out he can't pass, have no wide receivers, our O-Line can't block, either Luke is going to run or Wandell is. Pick one. 

I don't know if Luke starts the next game, but Frost has to give him more options. jmo

GBR!!!

It doesn't help that he's inclined to pull it down and run at the first sign of trouble and he doesn't really go through the receiving options, so without a lot of misdirection we can count on getting a strong rush every game. Maybe he'll mature and learn to find an outlet or just throw it away. For all the excitement of finally squeaking out a win, the stats show it wasn't a great offensive game.

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

It doesn't help that he's inclined to pull it down and run at the first sign of trouble and he doesn't really go through the receiving options, so without a lot of misdirection we can count on getting a strong rush every game. Maybe he'll mature and learn to find an outlet or just throw it away. For all the excitement of finally squeaking out a win, the stats show it wasn't a great offensive game.

I think what makes him look so "decisive" (I think he does) is that his progressions are read, rip or run....On a called passing play I think he looks to the first read, throws there or runs....Now there is a full game of film, I figure Illinois sells out with 11 guys in the box, take away the short routes and see if we can go vertical. But who knows, maybe AM comes out Sat......I am really hoping that Austin finally gets a say (not saying he isn't just my opinion) and we see some I-Formation, 2 back sets etc....For Lubick, I hope we see more of the freshman as receivers from the jump.  Glad the game got moved to FS1.  Maybe because we win?   All I know is the win felt great.  I really expected us to lose at the end or in OT.  Ugly win, but one of those dreaded "by 7 or less".........

• Fire 1