Omar Manning

HANC

At some point the Huskers would also like to get prized junior college recruit Omar Manning up and running in the offense. Manning did not suit up for Nebraska’s game against Penn State. Frost gave a small update on the 6-foot-4, 220-pound pass catcher.

“We can’t just seem to get Omar healthy,” Frost said. “We’ve got our fingers crossed, but he just hasn’t been healthy.”

I don't follow the drama, and I don't understand the claim to fame so far.  Seems like many fans are holding their breathe onto one player.....a receiver.

It's just one dude out of 11 on a field, talented I'm sure, but many others are ready to get after it as well.  

Bottom line is this:   When opportunity knocks, whatchu gone do?

11 hours ago, admo said:

I don't follow the drama, and I don't understand the claim to fame so far.  Seems like many fans are holding their breathe onto one player.....a receiver.

It's just one dude out of 11 on a field, talented I'm sure, but many others are ready to get after it as well.  

Bottom line is this:   When opportunity knocks, whatchu gone do?

Yes, we have many talented players that have stepped up or should step up soon.  But, the hype around Manning is that he's the type of player our offense is missing.  He's a fast big receiver that can get down field and make a play.  Other than Betts, we don't have anyone getting meaningful playing time that fits that.  That's why everyone is clamoring for him to get on the field.

• Plus1 2

The Last chance U show on Netflix has really helped me understand JUCO players a bit more.

It is a mixture of guys who just werent ready for college--others who made mistakes and knew they were on the last rope.

D1 programs bend over backwards to get kids eligible and support them. I am always hesitant on putting too much "hype" on a JUCO kid because I just think they are such an unknown.

I am not trying to lump them all in one group but it just seems these kids just arent ready.

I am not buying it is an injury with Omar. He is dealing with something and whatever it is, I hope they support him through it so he can get an education.

• Plus1 1

Ok guys, I’m not sure if it was Manning, but I heard a bunch of guys in white coats jumped out of a van carrying what looked like a big fishing net and grabbed a tall guy. 
I don’t know if this is relevant but it could explain why our message board inducted Hall of Famer was AWOL from practice for a week.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

The Last chance U show on Netflix has really helped me understand JUCO players a bit more.

It is a mixture of guys who just werent ready for college--others who made mistakes and knew they were on the last rope.

D1 programs bend over backwards to get kids eligible and support them. I am always hesitant on putting too much "hype" on a JUCO kid because I just think they are such an unknown.

I am not trying to lump them all in one group but it just seems these kids just arent ready.

I am not buying it is an injury with Omar. He is dealing with something and whatever it is, I hope they support him through it so he can get an education.

Kind of flipping back in the history book a little, and I'm not suggesting that every JUCO guy should turn out like this, I'm purely just curious. But does anyone happen to know or remember what the reason was for Lavonte David going the JUCO route out of high school? Because he was one of the guys who was most definitely ready for the D-1 ranks when he got there coming out of JUCO.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, cornheadnation said:

Kind of flipping back in the history book a little, and I'm not suggesting that every JUCO guy should turn out like this, I'm purely just curious. But does anyone happen to know or remember what the reason was for Lavonte David going the JUCO route out of high school? Because he was one of the guys who was most definitely ready for the D-1 ranks when he got there coming out of JUCO.

I'm not sure if this is specifically why he went JUCO (maybe there were grade issues..I don't know), but on his HS team, there were several players that were really highly recruited.  He was overlooked coming out of HS.

Interestingly, I think he's by far the most successful of the bunch.

• Plus1 1