Huskers open as 14 point favorites vs Illini

seaofred92

10 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I hope Frost doesn’t decide to open up the playbook this weekend. Iowa will know what’s coming. Lol. 

They already know the QB draw is coming.  :cheers

Not going to lie, I've watched a couple Iowa games and they'll win by 20 if we roll out the offense we just saw.  We might not get 150 yards, their D is legit.

• Plus1 1
Just now, runningblind said:

They already know the QB draw is coming.  :cheers

Not going to lie, I've watched a couple Iowa games and they'll win by 20 if we roll out the offense we just saw.  We might not get 150 yards, their D is legit.

Maybe we should open it up to give them something to think about. You know, Luke rollout right, Luke broken play middle, Wandale swing pass for one yard.  Throw a few passes at the back of their helmets. Give Iowa a good look of us marching down to FG range. 

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yikes, that is a bad line.

Anyway, go get your money on Wisconsin -7 at NW.

That was like Wisconsin -6 last night. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Who has wiscy played to deserve being a TD favorite at NW?

Beating Illinois and Michigan is impressive? 

This will be the best defense they will have played and it’s not even close. Hell; this will be the best offense they have played as well. 

Wiscy may win but I’ll ride with fitz getting 7 at home. 

Wisconsin just annihilated Michigan at their home turf.  They will wipe the floor with Northwestern...wait and see

1 hour ago, VizionNE said:

Who has wiscy played to deserve being a TD favorite at NW?

Beating Illinois and Michigan is impressive? 

This will be the best defense they will have played and it’s not even close. Hell; this will be the best offense they have played as well. 

Wiscy may win but I’ll ride with fitz getting 7 at home. 

• Plus1 1

I am not buying the 14 point favorites crap...let’s be honest with ourselves...our win on Saturday is going to be the norm for the next two seasons. Meaning, our wins will mostly be ugly, nail-baiting, ulcer inducing slugfests where we pull a win by a touchdown, a field goal, or a point after. We are not going to dominate anyone yet. The times when we beat teams by five touchdowns are long gone. We should be happy as long as we keep winning even if it is an ugly win. I will take an ugly win over a horrible loss any day.

I believe that we will win this game but it will be very close...similar to the game between Illinois and Rutgers. And of course, for us to really win, we need to have a game with less than 5 penalties and no turnovers. This team needs to get a few tough wins under their belts. They are still young and hopefully the more games they win, the more hungry they will be to win more games. I pray to God that Saturday was a turning point and we can get a few more wins this season. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am not buying the 14 point favorites crap...let’s be honest with ourselves...our win on Saturday is going to be the norm for the next two seasons. Meaning, our wins will mostly be ugly, nail-baiting, ulcer inducing slugfests where we pull a win by a touchdown, a field goal, or a point after. We are not going to dominate anyone yet. The times when we beat teams by five touchdowns are long gone. We should be happy as long as we keep winning even if it is an ugly win. I will take an ugly win over a horrible loss any day.

I believe that we will win this game but it will be very close...similar to the game between Illinois and Rutgers. And of course, for us to really win, we need to have a game with less than 5 penalties and no turnovers. This team needs to get a few tough wins under their belts. They are still young and hopefully the more games they win, the more hungry they will be to win more games. I pray to God that Saturday was a turning point and we can get a few more wins this season. 

I think you're spot on. I said on Saturday that we have a young team that when they get the lead play not to lose instead of "driving the nail". I was told that is due to coaching which I totally disagree with. I do think Frost's play calling can be maddening at times, but no coach ever teaches a player to jump offsides, hold, over pursue, etc. 

I think that people tend to underestimate how much experience really does for a team.