Huskers open as 14 point favorites vs Illini

seaofred92

10 hours ago, admo said:

- 7??   One would easily think Wisc wins by 10, 12, 24, etc....

Something smells too fishy.  I feel like I should consider the Wildcats. 

Not to further derail this thread, but Wisky is 1-5 over their last 6 at Northwestern. They won last year on the strength of 2 defensive touchdowns, Wisconsin only had 243 yards of offense - less than the 255 they have up to the historically bad NW offense. He's gone now, but Jonathan Taylor had 245 total rushing yards in his 3 career games against NW - he had 249 in one game against us, and 200+ in each of the others as well. NW is pretty well equipped to stop Wisconsin, they just may not be able to score enough for it to matter.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, JJ Husker said:

I hope we win by 28 or more, and think we could. But opening at -14 and now at -15.5......that just doesn't seem right. We have nothing in our recent (or long term) past to suggest that we should be that heavily favored against any conference foe.

• Plus1 2
On 11/16/2020 at 12:11 PM, huskerfan74 said:

You severely underestimate Wisconsin...in my honest opinion, the current Wisconsin team reminds me a lot of our beloved Huskers of the 80s and 90s. They play to their strengths and the adapt to each opponent they play. I really hope we can be like them. They don’t beat themselves...they have solid defense, and are very disciplined. Wisconsin coaches have done miracles with the talent they get. Think about it. Their talent pool of recruits is not as strong as penn state, Ohio state, or Michigan, yet I give them a decent chance at beating any of these teams in any given Saturday. Northwestern is simply boring...they bore you until you lose. Had Luke started that game, we would have beaten them with a young team. I do not understand all the hype about northwestern. I am confident that Wisconsin will dominate them. Wisconsin’s coach understands his talent and is able to get the most out of his players. Frost can learn a lot from him. 

Hope you put your money where your mouth was. Tried to tell you wiscy was untested. Played out how you’d expect. 

Hope others jumped on the Northwestern line. 

3 hours ago, VizionNE said:

Hope you put your money where your mouth was. Tried to tell you wiscy was untested. Played out how you’d expect. 

Hope others jumped on the Northwestern line. 

I am still not convinced that northwestern is a juggernaut...if they played Ohio state or Indiana, they will lose by three touchdowns minimum. All this proves is that the west is weak and we are the weakest team in this conference.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am still not convinced that northwestern is a juggernaut...if they played Ohio state or Indiana, they will lose by three touchdowns minimum. All this proves is that the west is weak and we are the weakest team in this conference.

Who said they are a juggernaut? The entire discussion was centered around your incorrect assessment of Wisconsin based on a two game sample size against poor competition. 

I don’t think Northwestern beats Ohio State, but they will be in every game, possibly absent that game, because they play smart/sound football and are very well coached. 

Also; Neb isn’t the worst in the conference. Not far off of it, but PSU and possibly MSU take the cake. It sucks either way, but just pointing that out.