B10 Championship Week

BIG ERN

I will edit the OP but as of now these would be the match ups for Championship weekend w/ some slight prediction adjustments if WI and OSU win this weekend. 5 more games leaves a lot of re-shuffling to be had. 

(1v1) Ohio St vs Northwestern

(2v2) Indiana vs Wisconsin 

(3v3) Maryland vs Iowa

(4v4) Rutgers vs Purdue

(5v5) Michigan St vs Minnesota 

(6v6) Michigan vs Illinois

(7v7) Penn St vs Nebraska

• Plus1 1

Pretty sure they stated they'd like to avoid rematches, so we would likely play Michigan and Minnesota would play Michigan State.

Our most likely candidates for this game as it currently stands are Michigan, Michigan State, and Rutgers.

Of course, if we can finish with 3-4 wins, we'd likely play against either Indiana or Maryland.

2 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I'd like to see a matchup with Rutgers, not only a high likelihood of a win but also to face off against Vedral would be cool to see. 

That would be fun, and ending with a win would be nice. they're already not a pushover anymore, but I think it's clear they caught Michigan State (who is also not very good) by surprise more than anything. MSU/Maryland would be boring, but I'd love a shot at Michigan this year. And I'm really curious about Indiana - they've looked good, but I just don't believe in them. Their win against Penn State was similar to ours in the lopsided yardage. Indiana only had ~200 yards of offense and somehow pulled it out.

26 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You just need 6 games to qualify for B10 title game so the one less game will not come into play if you hold the H2H win. I think Wisconsin beats NW and Ohio St beats Indiana this weekend. That is why I have them where they are...

Makes sense but...  I think Ohio State wins but Indiana is playing pretty inspired football so maybe they make a game of it.  Regarding NW and Wisconsin, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see NW win.  Wisconsin hasn't played anyone with a pulse yet and NW is playing good enough defense to give anyone in the B1G not named Ohio State a good game. 

57 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I'd like to see a matchup with Rutgers, not only a high likelihood of a win but also to face off against Vedral would be cool to see. 

Not that we as fans have any right to say this over the past 16+ years, but...Rutgers? At least give me a team with history. Now if you excuse me I have to go repair some broken windows in my glass house

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Makes sense but...  I think Ohio State wins but Indiana is playing pretty inspired football so maybe they make a game of it.  Regarding NW and Wisconsin, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see NW win.  Wisconsin hasn't played anyone with a pulse yet and NW is playing good enough defense to give anyone in the B1G not named Ohio State a good game. 

IDK Indiana had a 6 percent postgame win expectancy against Penn State and their offense has been pretty spotty. I think OSU crushes them. I'd love to be wrong though.

On 11/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, UniversalMartin said:

Not that we as fans have any right to say this over the past 16+ years, but...Rutgers? At least give me a team with history. Now if you excuse me I have to go repair some broken windows in my glass house

We begged to play this year.  We ought to beg to play Rutgers.  Or Michigan State, or Whoever.