*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

Scott is just too full of himself to admit he was wrong.  He has married himself to a staff that doens't belong in a Power 5 conference, to a center that still can't snap, QB's that are not capable of reading defenses, a rotation of players the "know the system" but are probably not near as talented as potential backups, an office full of coaching cliches that he can't back himself, etc.

Do I honestly think he can get this program going???  Yes, but until he wakes up and accept his failures(not lip service like the press conferences) and makes some big changes in both Personnel AND Philosophy it aint gonna happen

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

It’s one thing to have a young improving team that is not going to win them all.  But damn this crap is bad,  Frost needs to get it together.  We have no receivers.  But a receiver is playing QB?  We have a stable full of RB’s but no offensive game plan for them whatsoever?  A center that still can’t snap the ball.  A secondary that is not built to play man defense but pays man sucky defense anyway.  Slow LBs with poor angles.  Secondary that leads with head and shoulder tap tackles.  I like the DL some but no pressure is going to make crap Illinois QB’s look like Heisman contenders.  Hey, the punter is good.  At least there’s that.

Had Penn State not managed to find a way suck more last week, Nebraska would have ended this season 0-fer.  This team is getting worse each game and basically only wins because the other team manages to play even worse.  Even then, sometimes Nebraska still loses.

Everyone thought the defense had turned a corner - but they still gave up 500 yards.  To an (at the time) 0-3 team.  Basically , they managed a couple of decent stops in the red zone at the end of the game.  That's it.  Considering PSU's problems this year, I'm not sure you can consider your defense as turning the corner when you beat a team that is reeling more than you (pre season top 10).  I guess all Nebraska needs is an opponent each week that is having a disappointing season, collapsing from the top 10 to 0-fer.  Then the masterful Frost preparation will really rack up the victories.

This season could almost kill the program.  I know everyone says "covid - season doesn't matter", but if you are a recruit with any other options, do you really want to sign on for this?  Going 1-7 (assuming they play the crossover game) and getting humiliated in most of them is really going to destroy recruiting.  At this point, the best scenario for the team may be complete COVID shutdown, then spend the spring doing a lot of soul searching.

• Thanks 1

I want to thank all you message board experts for your brilliant advice of making this high school flag football player our starting quarterback. Nothing against QuickDraw, who appears to be a fine athlete and probably would be a star safety, but this has been a pretty bad joke that doesn’t represent Husker football in any way. Let’s not even get into the Chinander defense.

I just hope that Michigan or Wisconsin doesn’t injure this guy for life because of this 75% tuck and run game plan.

9 minutes ago, Mastershake said:

Next time there is a bad play, bad snap or negative yardage play we might as well punt.  The drive is over at that point

9 minutes ago, unironic_pelini said:

McCaffrey’s arm strength is a problem.

Not just the deep ball - but the “far-hash to sideline” throws that are essential to the offensive game plan this season.

That last interception was not necessarily an arm strength issue.  It was a decision on what type of throw to make issue.  He lofted to ball on a drop throw into cover 2 where the ball needs thrown more on a line and fit into the open pocket in front of the safety.  

• Plus1 2

Another game and i have no idea what frost wants this offense to look like. Luke is not a drop back passer. He should be rolling out and rpo if his first couple reads aren't there he can take off. Drop back passing with a qb who cant throw well with receivers that cant get open down field dont make sense. Frost wants to be right more than he wants to win.

• Plus1 1