*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

This is it. Losing is fine. Even losing to an underdog once in a while happens.

But these games where we lack all effort, get pushed around, and get completely outcoached by mediocre to bad teams are unacceptable.

There's just no excuse for this. No player who played in last year's game should be playing this bad. The coaches shouldn't be getting outschemed this bad.

So, what’s the solution? This was also happening with Riley. So we dumped the entire coaching staff and brought in the one we thought would take us back to where we were as a winning team. That’s not happening so what should be done? Do we wait two more years? 5 years was supposed to be the magic number. If we dump the entire coaching staff after 3 years will we get anything better?

Just now, ladyhawke said:

So, what’s the solution? This was also happening with Riley. So we dumped the entire coaching staff and brought in the one we thought would take us back to where we were as a winning team. That’s not happening so what should be done? Do we wait two more years? 5 years was supposed to be the magic number. If we dump the entire coaching staff after 3 years will we get anything better?

I'm not saying to dump the entire staff, but we definitely need a new DC and Frost needs to put aside his own pride and hire an OC.

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

7-4 minimum.  And that's a BARE minimum.  I was excited for the hire.  he needs to just quit talking and flush his pride.  His scheme, staff, style insert "whatever here" isn't working and IMHO won't. Ever.  In the B1G.

Possibly.  I think there will be dump trucks full of excuses about this season, and not just here [Cough] Michigan [Cough] Lincoln media was hedging in the days to kickoff at tOSU.  I'm so numb to it I have no idea in the end, probably why I set my expectations so low, I have no reason to hope.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not saying to dump the entire staff, but we definitely need a new DC and Frost needs to put aside his own pride and hire an OC.

I don’t see how you can’t be looking squarely at the head coach. If a coach can’t hire good coordinators, develop players, instill discipline in his players, or motivate his team...aren’t we just kicking the can down the road by demanding he make staffing changes?  

• Plus1 1