*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not saying to dump the entire staff, but we definitely need a new DC and Frost needs to put aside his own pride and hire an OC.

I was sincerely asking the question because I don’t know what we can do. Didn’t we just hire a new OC? Is Scott not letting him do his job?

This game was a total train wreck. I just wish they could figure out what to do.  I doubt we will win another game this year. 

2 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

What is a new OC going to do when the two best players on offense are the QB and his backup?  Besides Wandale, our receivers can't get open.  The line still stinks.  Speaking of the OC, what was he doing last season?  Selling insurance?  Frost dusted this guy off when nobody else was looking at him.  That hire was a head scratcher.  

Our receivers get open more than you would think, the qb just doesn't find them 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

@Cdog923you we’re right. AM isn’t the problem, Luke isn’t the problem. There is a much bigger problem. 

On 11/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, JJ Husker said:

Luke played fine but I’m afraid a bunch of fans will read way too much into the result. I think 2AM would’ve had an almost identical game and result. Neither one of our top 2 QBs are or have been anywhere near our top ten most pressing problems. I just thank God we had such a large lead going in to halftime.  Defense did what was needed in the 2nd half but our offensive play calling and woes still reared their ugly heads. Our issues are directly related to coaching. I love Frost and can’t imagine there is another coach in the country who would or could care as much about this program but they have some learning and adjusting to do.

What, no shout out for me too?

ehh, nevermind, the QBs not being able to pass is also a problem.

40 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I was sincerely asking the question because I don’t know what we can do. Didn’t we just hire a new OC? Is Scott not letting him do his job?

This game was a total train wreck. I just wish they could figure out what to do.  I doubt we will win another game this year. 

Frost is still the one calling the plays, and it's not working. He needs a legit OC.

8 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Was the OC we have now the guy from when Scott worked at UCF?  No, it isn’t working. 

Troy Walters was at UCF with Frost.  He was fired/quit after last season.

Lubick was at Washington a few years ago.  I'm not sure what the connection is outside of Pac12 days...

edit: Lubick was on the the Oregon staff when Frost was the OC.  Lubick took the Oregon OC  job when SF went to UCF.  He went to Washington after that.

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Troy Walters was at UCF with Frost.  He was fired/quit after last season.

Lubick was at Washington a few years ago.  I'm not sure what the connection is outside of Pac12 days...

edit: Lubick was on the the Oregon staff when Frost was the OC.  Lubick took the Oregon OC  job when SF went to UCF.  He went to Washington after that.

Got it. Yeah, our coaches don’t have our players in the right positions, the players need to go back to the basics-so undisciplined and we need to get players who are faster. 
After this year all of the Riley players will be gone. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi All,

I should had added links, for the first video, you ma7y have to scroll half way through presser as there was technical problems.  These are after the Northwestern game.  Scott is clearly hanging his head\\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNXudIeP_Zw

here is a player presser after same game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzMaOP31-Y

both are looking down at the table which I see as hanging their heads.  now I agree, they are upset (as they should be) but hold your heads up.  

6 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

hi All,

I should had added links, for the first video, you ma7y have to scroll half way through presser as there was technical problems.  These are after the Northwestern game.  Scott is clearly hanging his head\\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNXudIeP_Zw

here is a player presser after same game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzMaOP31-Y

both are looking down at the table which I see as hanging their heads.  now I agree, they are upset (as they should be) but hold your heads up.  

After 11 days?

thats it GIF

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2