Program is hitting new lows

Callahan, Pelini, Riley, and now Frost.  I keep thinking it can't get lower.

This program is maybe lower than ever.  Scheme, mistakes, penaties, development.  It all sucks!

Riley's staff before Banker was fired is much better than this one.  I have seen no development since Frost started.

It isn't a being in the B1G issue. it is Scott is not getting it done issue.  No excuses, we just suck!  Illinios is not a good team and we are worse.....

• Fire 2

Next coach needs to have an old school smash mouth philosophy. No more stupid gimmicks on the jerseys & no more cool social media to wow recruits. We are an isolated population in the middle of nowhere. Our recruiting base is garbage. Time to embrace the development style of program. Run the football North/South and play sound defense. No more stupid penalty’s and turnovers. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

He made a major stride philosophically last year bringing in Lubick. This off-season, is there a former head coach or someone looking for redemption that can come in as an analyst for even more fresh eyes? 

How is that even gonna make a slight difference when everyone on the entire team is terrible 

I think part of it is a B1G issue. Nebraska needs to quit screwing around and hire a big time coach and come back to the Big 12. I miss the OU/Nebraska rivalry. Win or lose it was a great rivalry. It's just not right for Nebraska to be swimming in mediocrity in the B1G, please come home Nebraska!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Okielarry said:

I think part of it is a B1G issue. Nebraska needs to quit screwing around and hire a big time coach and come back to the Big 12. I miss the OU/Nebraska rivalry. Win or lose it was a great rivalry. It's just not right for Nebraska to be swimming in mediocrity in the B1G, please come home Nebraska!

"Home"? To a conference where UT owned NU (1 and 9 vs. the Horns)? No thanks.

• Fire 1

In my view this is one of many problems.

We do not have those star players that can change games. I am talking like Ameer who can go get you 10 yards or win you a game. Mills is one of those but he is in the doghouse or hurt. 

I also do not understand going away from running Scott. He was getting 5 plus every carry and then just disappears. Part of that was we were playing behind. But you still need to keep the defense honest. 

This loss looks and reminds me of Iowa 2013 but a whole lot worse. Illinois is not on the same level as that Iowa team that beat us.