Program is hitting new lows

Folks keep pointing to the hiring of Lubick at OC as some sort of positive, but couldn’t that be why the offense is in the mud? I haven’t been impressed so far this season. 

As for the defense, it’s sucked with Chinander. Moos needs a heart-to-heart with Frost and they need to look for a big time DC to hand the reigns to—it’s obvious Chinander won’t get it done. 

Also, Duval as S&C coach...we got pushed around by Illinois today, and by PSU, tOSU, and NW in the latter stages of the game. I don’t see any discernible improvement in our line and their play due to the S&C he’s brought—is there something I’m overlooking here? 

Finally, I’ve harped on this in the past, but our Sports Psychology department helping these kids has been **** ever since they made changes prior to the Pelini era. We need to look at this seriously, because it’s obvious these kids have no mental edge to them. That shows up in penalties, blown plays/missed assignments, and general attitude. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Crusader Husker said:

People are saying leaving the Big 12 was a mistake.  ISU and KSU would absolutley kick our butt right now!

Perhaps they would this year but I think Nebraska lost its identify when leaving the Big 12 and perhaps they would not be in as bad of shape as they are now if they had remained. They have just never clicked in the Big Ten and I think the reasoning is they have never hired a coach that knows how to win BIG football games.  It's a much different style of play than the Big 12 or the Pac 12.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is so much more than X’s and O’s.

They should be able to “out culture” a team like Illinois.  The fact that they can’t is a tell.  

I couldn’t get over the defensive players talking trash when they were getting their asses handed to them.  And then the penalties and turnovers.  It’s just a program that lacks culture and discipline.

That's the hallmark of the Scott Frost Era. All style and no substance with a healthy dose of lack of discipline.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Next coach needs to have an old school smash mouth philosophy. No more stupid gimmicks on the jerseys & no more cool social media to wow recruits. We are an isolated population in the middle of nowhere. Our recruiting base is garbage. Time to embrace the development style of program. Run the football North/South and play sound defense. No more stupid penalty’s and turnovers. 

I read something a while back (5-7 years) that makes sense.  Every team that fell from grace and came back embraced it's roots......Cally-nope.  Bo-Nope.  Riley-Nope.  Frost-Nope.......

It's time.....As you said a smash mouth, physical O and a mean a$$ D. We can't keep the stars we recruit so get what we can.  Get a guy who can develop the talent.  An OC and DC who know the B1G....

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

I read something a while back (5-7 years) that makes sense.  Every team that fell from grace and came back embraced it's roots......Cally-nope.  Bo-Nope.  Riley-Nope.  Frost-Nope.......

It's time.....As you said a smash mouth, physical O and a mean a$$ D. We can't keep the stars we recruit so get what we can.  Get a guy who can develop the talent.  An OC and DC who know the B1G....

Who?  Who runs classic option football these days besides the academies?  Oklahoma isn't  Alabama isn't. Notre Dame isn't running the T formation.   Everybody and their sister is running some variation of Chip Kelly's offense.  It's even being run in the NFL.  We don't run it correctly because we still don't have the horses due to not getting impact recruits, not developing players and not retaining players.

Frost supposedly ran off a bunch of guys because they weren't good enough or weren't buying into the culture.  Today, Frost said they regressed culture-wise.  I think Frost needs to point his thumb and really question his offensive tactics, his recruiting and, mostly, his own attitude.  Maybe the culture problem is with him.  Maybe he's too abrasive for the modern kids.  

After first game I came here and said the team wasn't even trying and was going backwards.  i was crucified.  Now it seems everybody else is seeing the same thing.  I see Frost ripping the college off for $7 million a year to produce nothing in the way of improvement and a team that really doesn't even try to be disciplined or to win.  All I see is more pathetic games every year.  Nebraska is the new Kansas.  Maybe Nebraska should schedule Kansas.  it would probably be a nail biter.

4 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Who?  Who runs classic option football these days besides the academies?  Oklahoma isn't  Alabama isn't. Notre Dame isn't running the T formation.   Everybody and their sister is running some variation of Chip Kelly's offense.  It's even being run in the NFL.  We don't run it correctly because we still don't have the horses due to not getting impact recruits, not developing players and not retaining players.

Frost supposedly ran off a bunch of guys because they weren't good enough or weren't buying into the culture.  Today, Frost said they regressed culture-wise.  I think Frost needs to point his thumb and really question his offensive tactics, his recruiting and, mostly, his own attitude.  Maybe the culture problem is with him.  Maybe he's too abrasive for the modern kids.  

Running power/power option is not rocket science. Frost could coach them to do it if he wanted. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1