Program is hitting new lows

"I think part of it is a B1G issue. Nebraska needs to quit screwing around and hire a big time coach and come back to the Big 12. I miss the OU/Nebraska rivalry. Win or lose it was a great rivalry. It's just not right for Nebraska to be swimming in mediocrity in the B1G, please come home Nebraska!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saying the Huskers are mediocre is a lie.  They are at the bottom of the barrel.  Most Sun Belt Conference teams would school Nebraska on any given Saturday right now.  

14 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Who?  Who runs classic option football these days besides the academies?  Oklahoma isn't  Alabama isn't. Notre Dame isn't running the T formation.   Everybody and their sister is running some variation of Chip Kelly's offense.  It's even being run in the NFL.  We don't run it correctly because we still don't have the horses due to not getting impact recruits, not developing players and not retaining players.

Frost supposedly ran off a bunch of guys because they weren't good enough or weren't buying into the culture.  Today, Frost said they regressed culture-wise.  I think Frost needs to point his thumb and really question his offensive tactics, his recruiting and, mostly, his own attitude.  Maybe the culture problem is with him.  Maybe he's too abrasive for the modern kids.  

TO was an option based attack..........There was an element too that, but not his base.....He progressed and evolved.  He was a run first, PA type attack.  2 back sets.  No one is saying go back to the triple option...The problem with Frosts' scheme is even he has no idea.  If I was Austin, I'd fire myself so I didn't have to pretend I am coordinating anything.  I loved his vision for the O.  Some old school elements.  Be great at a few things....Quit throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks....I see none of that in this worse that Beck/Wats/Langs O......

I agree 100% with the 2nd paragraph.  Frost owns this Frankenstein team. His guys, his culture, his BS attitude etc.....His record is horrific at NU....I understand losing to the Ohio St's of the world, but boat raced by Illinois.....Hell no.

4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

We have looked bad but the officiating has been pretty terrible.  At minimum a 14 point swing.  Lot off game left... 

That has to be it. The biased officiating forced Luke to throw the ball to the guys in the white shirts three times.

This offense doesn’t have a quarterback.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Well we're getting pretty good at this.  

New hire, hopes are high

Two years in, hopes are crashed

Then calling for the firing of the assistants.  Next calling for the head coach's head.

And soon looking for a new coach

Then hopes are high again.  

Rinse/Repeat. 

I'm wondering if it's something psychological with trying to live up to the blue blood standards around the program.  I'd be happy just to see some semblance of sound football.  You gotta learn to walk before you run.  Nobody has an answer right now.  All I know is this is deja vu all over again.

• Plus1 2

New low?  Remember 0-6? Absolute worst start in program history?  That was Frost's first and most notable achievement since arriving in Lincoln. 

There's nothing new about it.

Just because a bunch of blithering idiots were trying to convince themselves it was everyone's fault but his didn't mean it was actually true.

• Fire 1

Not sure where it goes from here, but one thing is clear...Frost did not arrive in Lincoln as prepared as we/he thought he was.  While they haven’t repeated their 2017 run, UCF has really not missed a beat since that staff left.  His teams here have somehow fallen short of a pretty mild set of expectations year in and out, even with everyone pulling for him and offering any and every excuse as to why things haven’t worked yet.  
I’m a pretty firm believer that good coaches demonstrate progress quickly and steadily, in spite of less than ideal circumstances. Many of us have tried to squint our eyes and claim we’re seeing flashes of hope, but I think today’s game exposes those mirages pretty decisively. 

I don’t think Frost will be fired any time soon, and I don’t believe you ever MAKE a head coach fire his staff. Regardless, his credit line with the fans is at zero after today. It’s clear that he and his staff are not great coaches, and they were more a part, and less the primary reason, for an undefeated run a couple years ago. Either he will begin growing into a good coach and ensure he has a staff that is capable of helping in that regard, or this is about as good as it gets. 

Loud and clear.....Frost is not going anywhere! Those wanting a change might as well save their breath or effort.  Lessons learned from past mismanagement. Too much $$$ invested, especially with renovation $$. How about, how can SF fix it, rather than Frost isnt the answer rhetoric.  He is here at LEAST 2 more seasons, unless he leaves on own. 

• Thanks 5
22 minutes ago, HANC said:

Loud and clear.....Frost is not going anywhere! Those wanting a change might as well save their breath or effort.  Lessons learned from past mismanagement. Too much $$$ invested, especially with renovation $$. How about, how can SF fix it, rather than Frost isnt the answer rhetoric.  He is here at LEAST 2 more seasons, unless he leaves on own. 

he is not leaving on his own and (Mr) Moos(e) is not firing him.  The only way he leaves before 2024 is if there is a change in AD.  People need to realize he isn't going anywhere for several years. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Can someone please archive these posts about how bad frost is? Remember, folks wanted Osborne gone also. 

They wanted Osborne gone but don't pretend like Frost has us any where close to where Osborne was when people called for him to be fired. A whole lot less wins happening here now.

We're all disappointed as this season has been very frustrating for everyone. Frost isn't going anywhere unless he decides to leave and for our sake I hope he stays. Every coaching change (including coordinators) seems to cause us to hit the reset button that sets us back several years. It hasn't worked since we had Bo a decade ago. 

That said, we could use improved playcalling and more player leadership. I don't know if we have anyone in the two-deep that is the firecracker we used to enjoy having on our side of the field. Obviously the Peter brothers aren't easy finds, but we don't seem to have an Eric Martin, Richie Incognito, hell even a Nick Gates that will play with a mean streak. I am hoping that Nash will bring a spark for us at some point but it looks like he might be a year or two away. We don't seem to have guys that want to take ownership of the program as of today and that is something Frost & Co. should develop ASAP. Playing for pride alone won't bring titles but hopefully it helps avoid the embarrassing blowout losses.

Side note: I would really appreciate it if the offensive linemen would start helping our skill guys off the ground after tackles. If they aren't going to block well, the least they could do is show some teamwork and help the guys up.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

They wanted Osborne gone but don't pretend like Frost has us any where close to where Osborne was when people called for him to be fired. A whole lot less wins happening here now.

Yea. But having constant change at the head coaching level doesnt help either. Year 3? Ok. Maybe not on schedule. But go ahead and fired him or replace him. Complete dumpster fire if that happens. All the transfers. We lose our top receiver? And we question the vertical game. Cmon! Defense is my sore spot. We look good at times. Then we just fold. 

• Plus1 2