We get out coached

I am I

We've been through the coaching changes many times since Solich.  We've ended up calling for the heads of the Nebraska football coaching staff over and over again.  The result?  This.   This game today says what Husker football has become since those first Big Hope coaching changes.  

Who should we have kept longer?  Who would have done it like Dr. Tom and Bob  before him.  Who would have at least caused Nebraska to be relevant in the Big Ten? 

14 minutes ago, Farms said:

I can’t wait to listen to Frost’s presser after laying this turd. 

"Blah, blah, blah... We can't turn the ball over... Blah, blah, blah... Nobody wants to win as much me, and I think we close... Blah, blah, blah... I don't know what the defense was doing because I was focused on the offense... But we had a good week of practice"

• Plus1 3

When you give up over 5 plays of 20 or more yards, it’s because they out schemed you. no one breaks the line of scrimmage and has ZERO players within 12 yds of him, that’s a schematic problem. 

the “fake” punt. That is straight up coaching. 
I guarantee you, during film in the week the Illinois coaches said “hey look, if you catch the long snap and don’t see anyone pressuring you, just run it.” I promise you that was coaching. 

look, even if the players “didn’t execute” getting players to execute is on the coaches. 

im really glad Frost is our coach and I think he gets at least 3 more yrs. I think he can get it done, but right now...a large portion of our problems are coaching problems, specifically getting out schemed. 

I’m from a family of coaches so I have a little bit of knowledge on some of this 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Anyone. You can’t practice the way Nebraska practice and be good. You have to practice and develop players. Iowa and Wisconsin has given everyone the blue print to become good. And no one takes it. Get under center pound the ball and play tough D. Until that happens Nebraska will never be good  

14 minutes ago, VizionNE said:

Out coached is a nice simple way of putting it. I’m embarrassed. Frost will get more time but apathy is in place across the state anymore. 

Appears more likely that last week was lucky more than progress. 

Last week was a result of Penn State's offensive coordinator being an idiot.  Their back-up can't pass, but the OC thought he could win in the red zone by throwing the ball instead of running the ball like they did to get into the red zone.  

• Plus1 1