Illinois - What Did We Learn?

The Duke

I honestly do not believe that we have a severe talent shortage. We have players like Stille, honas, Williams, wandale, and a decent core of tide ends. The issue is bad coaching, horrible schemes, and our guys are always out of position because the coaches are not giving them a chance to make plays. 

What is the most disappointing is the body language of our players...they have losing written all over them. They do not believe that they are capable of winning and that starts with the coaches. We have seen so many other teams turn things around in one or two years. So many other coaches have been able to change the culture of their teams. In year three, we are no closer to fixing this disaster than we were when we fired Riley. I can actually say that we have regressed. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I think going forward, our best hope is to go with Martinez. He has the better arm and passing talent, just was making poor decisions and not seeing the field well. Hopefully sitting the bench the last 2 games will help him reset. 

Luke is a great athlete, needs to be used as a WR type going forward. Just not a natural passer and thrower of the ball and I don’t think that can be taught.

Run the ball, control the clock, smart play action passing and hope the defense doesn’t play as bad as they did today.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Roger Dorn said:

I think going forward, our best hope is to go with Martinez. He has the better arm and passing talent, just was making poor decisions and not seeing the field well. Hopefully sitting the bench the last 2 games will help him reset. 

Luke is a great athlete, needs to be used as a WR type going forward. Just not a natural passer and thrower of the ball and I don’t think that can be taught.

Run the ball, control the clock, smart play action passing and hope the defense doesn’t play as bad as they did today.

We don’t have a QB period

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

The mix of oregon speed and husker power is not going well.

The big ten also adjusted to us a lot faster than our coach thought they would.

Its 2020 and the foward pass still alludes this program.

Our game planning and "adjustments" look like it is orchestrated by mediocre pop Warner coaches...feel like I am insulting mediocre pop warner coaches 

• Plus1 1