How did we get here

HANC

Husker Nation created this mess. We get what we deserve.  Fired Solich bc he could not recruit.  Now we say we would take a bunch of 3* with heart....ie Solich

We fire Bo bc he only won 9-10 games a year, got blown out in big games and wasnt pure like TO. Now we would die for 9-10 wins, we get blown out on regular basis and Bo isnt any worse than Saban, Malzan, Mullen...etc

We fire BC bc he doesn't embrace tradition and had first non bowl....now we complain that walk ons play and haven't been to bowl in awhile.

We fire Riley bc he is too nice and made bad coordinator hires...now...Same

Now guys calling for SF ???

Are you kidding? SF is 4th coach in decade.  What do we expect? Let's keep firing guys, going farther in debt, changing systems, flipping rosters. 

How about fans quit compounding the problem, telling stars they should transfer, telling recruits to run, calling for HC.

If you are doing that, you absolutely deserve everything that has happened and will continue. 

I absolutely expected more, but in NO RATIONAL world should SF be on hot seat 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HANC said:

Husker Nation created this mess. We get what we deserve.  Fired Solich bc he could not recruit.  Now we say we would take a bunch of 3* with heart....ie Solich

We fire Bo bc he only won 9-10 games a year, got blown out in big games and wasnt pure like TO. Now we would die for 9-10 wins, we get blown out on regular basis and Bo isnt any worse than Saban, Malzan, Mullen...etc

We fire BC bc he doesn't embrace tradition and had first non bowl....now we complain that walk ons play and haven't been to bowl in awhile.

Are you kidding? SF is 4th coach in decade.  What do we expect? Let's keep firing guys, going farther in debt, changing systems, flipping rosters. 

How about fans quit compounding the problem, telling stars they should transfer, telling recruits to run, calling for HC.

If you are doing that, you absolutely deserve everything that has happened and will continue. 

In reality, he is and should be.  35 million reasons.

5 minutes ago, HANC said:

At the same point in his career at NU Frost's winning percentage is 35%.....Riley was 56%......Frost is 20% behind the alleged worst HC in Husker history.....Just saying....

Should've never fired Frank.  I'd have given him another year or 2 after he fired guys....

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, HANC said:

I don't disagree with some of your post. But come on. If any other coach went 10-18 at Nebraska they would be on the hot seat. If Frost went to say Florida, and this was his contribution, he would not only have been on the hot seat, he would have been fired. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

So what is the deal? Did we think UCF football was big time football?  Were we deceived by 13-0 as being equivalent to Big 10 football?  Is the Peter Principle at work here?   This is the first time that I've doubted that Scott was the right hire for NU. All things pointed that this was a match made in football heaven 3 years ago.  Well we are now in football hell.  The team is progressively worse and we site as an achievement a win over a now 0-5 PSU team-- boy have are standards been lowered.

How do we rectify this?  Bring in new big name O and D coordinators?  It seems that we now have G5 coaches trying to be successful in the power 5 world.  Coach V is obviously not the QB Whisperer that we thought he was. The QBs are regressing.

Yes, I have a lot of questions and each one is full of frustration.  

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't disagree with some of your post. But come on. If any other coach went 10-18 at Nebraska they would be on the hot seat. If Frost went to say Florida, and this was his contribution, he would not only have been on the hot seat, he would have been fired. 

Yes, you are 100% correct.  I am not saying his performance doesn't warrant the hot seat, I am just saying it is not practical and will only continue to feed this endless cycle of misery. We are stuck for a bit, so hopefully fans will support rather than undermine. It's all we can do. 

2 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Besides his name being frost, if we are being honest, what single tangible evidence do we have that he is the right coach, or that things look better?

Yep. If the bar was don't get your s#!t stomped by a crap Illinois team in year 3, well we didn't even clear that. Mike Riley 12-14 in the B1G, Scott Frost 7-15 in the B1G. Frost has under performed Riley, and were gonna act like it's insane to say he's on the hotseat? Give me a break...

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, HANC said:

Yes, you are 100% correct.  I am not saying his performance doesn't warrant the hot seat, I am just saying it is not practical and will only continue to feed this endless cycle of misery. We are stuck for a bit, so hopefully fans will support rather than undermine. It's all we can do. 

Like my previous post. I don't disagree, Frost is our head coach and will be for the foreseeable future. I'll continue to watch the games and cheer for Frost and our guys. But I will also complain about getting crushed by an absolute a$$ Illinois team. GBR, but sucking a$$, is still sucking a$$, no sugar coating it.  

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep. If the bar was don't get your s#!t stomped by a crap Illinois team in year 3, well we didn't even clear that. Mike Riley 12-14 in the B1G, Scott Frost 7-15 in the B1G. Frost has under performed Riley, and were gonna act like it's insane to say he's on the hotseat? Give me a break...

Again, his performance deserves hot seat. I am saying that logistically it doesnt make sense. He hasn't done a good job at ALL, but firing coaches after 3-4 yrs got us here. Will a 5th coach in 12 years help? I dont disagree with your sentiment 

And this will probably receive some push back but firing those guys (Solich, Callahan, Pelini & Riley) was not the problem. The problem really started when the program (AD) allowed Callahan to dismantle the machine. Solich was only fired a bit late. Perception of his dismissal would’ve been much better if it had been done sooner when it was more deserved. The problem ever since then has been the hires, not the fires.....until Frost.

Frost will definitely have to adjust and modify his system but if he can’t or won’t get the job done nobody ever will. Face it, we are Kansas, until and if Frost changes it. Now we just have to see if he’ll make more difficult choices than simply cutting lose a WRs or ST coach. He’s going to have to go deeper and more personally difficult than that. The stuff and coaches that you could get by with in the AAC is not going to work in the B1G. I think that realization should be slapping him upside the head by now. Unlike Pelini he seems to be willing to do what it takes, maybe just a bit slower than many fans would prefer. I guess we’ll see.....or we’ll remain Kansas.

The sooner people realize that TO and the circumstances of the 90’s were a freak once in a lifetime lightning in a bottle deal instead of something we’ll ever see again, the better. Nebraska should’ve never been that dominant. Never, except for one man and unheard of staff and program continuity. It was a very rare exception and not the rule no matter how badly Husker fans want to think otherwise.

• Plus1 4