How did we get here

HANC

SO..... starters and significant playing time members of the defense who have been in the program 2-3 years as Lightfighter said

DL

Stille SR- all three seasons with Chin

D Daniels SR- all three

C Rogers RS Soph- all three

D THomas RS Junior-all three

Second year in the system K Green, T Robinson

LB

JoJo RS SR-all three

W Honas RS SR-all three

C Miller RS SR- all three

C Tannor JR- all three 

Second year in the system Heinrich, Nelson, Reimers

DBs

Dismuke SR-all three

Bootle SR-all three

D Williams-all three plus played in system at UCF

Cam Britt JR-all three

B CLark RS SO-all three

Second year in the system Farmer, Newsome

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, lo country said:

The reality is I couldn't stand the Riley hire.  Hated it from day one.....The other reality is for all of my dislike of that hire, Frost at the same point in his career here is worse......Like bolded, I soured on Frost as I watched the same season play out last year.  Coaches making numerous mistakes that I'd expect from completely inexperienced guys, what appears to be no accountability, discipline for the players.....Zero improvement save for Herculean individual players that succeed in spite of the system.......Our vaunted S&C looks good on the video, no different on the field. Watching the OU vs OSU game last night, either team would've hung 100 points on NU....Fast, physical, well coached....Saw Lincoln Riley pull Bookie for his trash talking after a penalty......Accountability....We "look" nor one around like any of the teams I watched yesterday....Like one of our beat writers said, sand lot football drawn up in the dirt......

Year 3, I have no idea what his scheme is.  What the identity is other than poor play, penalty and mistake prone.....

As to the center issues....Will is a center yet doesn't play even over a hurt Cam or his non-center brother....Year 3 and he isn't better? I know he started at OSU, but has played sparingly since....

No receiver depth

No RB depth

No QB improvement

Center issues

The list could go on, but like you, I can't deny what I see or hope in what I do not....This team needs a reset. IMHO, try with scheme on both sides of the ball and see if Frost can't get a staff that has the creds to succeed in the B1G.  Frost needs help, needs to realize this or he will not be here much longer......And before people say we can't keep firing guys, if it wasn't Frost he'd probably get one more year max from Moos (2020 being a wash)

This is my frustration also.  He named many of them.

Let's look at the TOP 25. There are so many non-traditional, non-'blue blood' teams on that top 25 and where is a program like Nebraska wt our resources, tradition, and reputation - no where to be found.  The fact is many of those non-traditional schools would beat NU - Cinci (good thing they were removed from our schedule) and perhaps even my home town Tulsa Hurricane which has had the grit to win 5 games - 4 coming from behind, and out playing Ok State and barely losing to them for their only loss.

2 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

I honestly have no idea what you are getting at. Makes no sense.

Doesn't even relate to what i said earlier. 

So keep trying to be snarky and failing at it Doesn't change the fact that 2 of lasts years d line are actively playing in the nfl, and one was cut in training camp. 

What more 'talent' do you want?

We have pretty good talent....not elite....but Frost's recruiting classes are getting more consistently better.

12 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I'd like to remind folks that Riley was 9-4 his second year.  Before his third year began, he was forced to fire Banker and the AD, along with some influential boosters, hired Diaco.  Diaco's defense is reason #1 why 2017 was garbage.  Riley wasn't responsible for that.  All this stuff about his team being soft, etc. are excuses used by some Husker fans to provide coverage for the god awful job Frost has done.  There are fans so desperate for a winner, they'll lie to themselves and pretend things will get better despite no evidence of such.  Heck, there are guys who said Riley's team was soft because they weren't doing back squats.  That's how silly the excuses have become.  Welp, they're doing back squats now and we got the supposed savior and Illi-freakin'-nois just boatraced our boys in Lincoln.  Nebraska is now in last place in the West during Frost's third season.  

Somebody above stated Frost inherited a dumpster fire.  I'd argue he's the one who lit the match.  Frost ushered out players who would be very helpful today.  Gebbia threw, rushed and caught a touchdown pass today.  He's not good in his first year as a stater, but he's lightyears ahead of Martinez while playing with guys who got a lot less stars from recruiting services.  But ushering those kids out has given the sunshine pushers another excuse.  The excuse of youth.  Who here really thinks this program will be clicking and challenge for the Big 10 title in two years?  

When Frost was hired, I danced a jig just like most others.  I thought he'd bring the Oregon offense with him.  I jumped off that bandwagon midway through last season.  I can't deny what my eyes tell me.  The team lacks talent.  They lack discipline.  They get pushed around easily.  Their offense resembles something Notre Dame ran in the 1940's.  Then there's the biggie.  They aren't improving.  And can we please get a center who can snap the ball.

Some valid points.

Frost needed to light the match.

Enjoy your Beavers 

10 hours ago, krc1995 said:

We hired a project in Frost. You can throw out UCF as that was beginners luck in a far away conference. At UCF, he inherited players and their development was really not due solely to his staff. He seems to have the want, but in this conference you have to be old school smart. I think he believes, and almost feels entitled to, Osborne’s legacy. He seems so dumbfounded that it’s not working. 

what upsets me is he threw away the first two seasons so he could teach culture. I said it then and I’ll say it again, those seasons mattered. They mattered to the guys that played and they mattered to us fans. Those 18,19 guys were sold out for Frost’s ego that it’s going to be his way or nothing. The best description of him is an entitled brat. 

So how we got here was not getting an established coach with B10 experience don’t know who that would have been, but that’s the problem. 

Frost didn't "throw away" any seasons.  The seniors absolutely loved him.

Remember Stanley Morgan's tweet?

6 hours ago, HANC said:

Jurgens should not play. I am a coach for over 25 years. Not the best coach, not the worst. Our teams have had a lot of success and yes, we have had our share of losses and struggles. 

These aren't "answers ", they are opinions. 

Jurgens wouldnt run laps. How does running FIX the issue? Running will fix conditioning, but has zero correlation to bad snaps. He wouldnt be playing until it gets fixed. He would be coming early and staying late and HOPEFULLY there is a coach who can coach him up. Running laps for poor performance is a cop out for not being able to coach them up. Do people really think these play want to make mistakes and should be punished??? Be a hard a$$ coach by taking what is important.  Playing time.

At this point Jurgens isn't going to learn how to shotgun snap.  That's something that he would have become at least passable by now if he was going to get it.  I'd move him to guard.  He's got the feet to be great there but he's as big of a liability as we have on offense at center.  If they want to keep him there then move under center but that doesn't fit with what they are trying to do.

48 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Frost didn't "throw away" any seasons.  The seniors absolutely loved him.

Remember Stanley Morgan's tweet?

I disagree. He made multiple comments about culture, work ethic, and other derogatories that could only implied one way of you were not one of his recruits. He threw them away without holding an olive branch out to work them in. Many of them left. Feel bad, those guys saw two or maybe three different coaches and wasted their eligibility in Lincoln. Equally sad that they were never brought under the Husker Umbrella and left on a sour note. 

he should have just shut his mouth about the whole culture deal. That should have been internal. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I disagree. He made multiple comments about culture, work ethic, and other derogatories that could only implied one way of you were not one of his recruits. He threw them away without holding an olive branch out to work them in. Many of them left. Feel bad, those guys saw two or maybe three different coaches and wasted their eligibility in Lincoln. Equally sad that they were never brought under the Husker Umbrella and left on a sour note. 

he should have just shut his mouth about the whole culture deal. That should have been internal. 

He indeed did make comments.  Some may have taken them as "derogatory".

Do you remember Morgan's tweet?

Do you remember the photo with Jerald Foster?

Just now, TheSker said:

He indeed did make comments.  Some may have taken them as "derogatory".

Do you remember Morgan's tweet?

Do you remember the photo with Jerald Foster?

Kind of remember, but one or two doesn’t make for an entire roster.  Plus Morgan playing time didn’t suffer at all. 

I think he alienated many. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

This is the old "be careful what you wish for...you just might get it" scenario.  

Scott needs to call Brent Venables and ask him "If you had to hire the new DC to replace yourself, who are you hiring and give me his number"

Then after hiring that guy he needs to hire the best salesmen recruiters out there.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2