How do we turn it around

tmfr15

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Do we have to change the offense to run some dynamic plays like the Jet sweep?  I’m sure there’s a few others. Has the Jet sweep ever not worked? And so what, nothing else is either. 

and why is the roster so big? I printed it yesterday and it was almost five complete pages with 30-35 per page. Is that typical. 

The walk on program.  The roster is one of the largest in college football....150 ish 

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The walk on program.  The roster is one of the largest in college football....150 ish 

Can you keep the program and reduce the roster? Maybe not enough coaches to go around and teach positional details. 

and since no one is using eligibility this year, will next year’s roster have 180ish? 

3 hours ago, TheSker said:

Not aimed at you as I love the history of the walk on program, but I wonder if the receiver position has taken a hit because of this.  Kade playing sparingly last year because of injury.  The seasoner opener had Kade and 2 walk-ons starting IIRC.  So my question do walk-ons get adequate reps to be productive as starters?  Or does getting them prepared to be game ready take away from the starters....I really do not know, but when we have 87 schollies and 150ish on the roster some guy (position) if not all will suffer.  I don't think anyone can get enough quality or even quantity reps.  

And Walk-ons are contributing this year. Kade, Reimer etc...Amongst others.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not aimed at you as I love the history of the walk on program, but I wonder if the receiver position has taken a hit because of this.  Kade playing sparingly last year because of injury.  The seasoner opener had Kade and 2 walk-ons starting IIRC.  So my question do walk-ons get adequate reps to be productive as starters?  Or does getting them prepared to be game ready take away from the starters....I really do not know, but when we have 87 schollies and 150ish on the roster some guy (position) if not all will suffer.  I don't think anyone can get enough quality or even quantity reps.  

At the very least, such a large group would change the intimacy of it. 

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

It's the approximate roster size Osborne had in Frost's playing days.  It will benefit us in the long run.

We just need to breathe and let Frost grow as a coach and let development continue.

As bad as Saturday was, some good things can emerge.....specifically from player leadership.

I think thats a good point about the qb, maybe weve been trying to hard to find a eric crouch, or a tommy frazier, or a scott frost.  Might just need to find someone whose good and huckin the ball down the field.  I didnt see the game so i dont know if the d might of been able to keep us in the game of the o would of kept them off the field.  Not sure

12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It's the approximate roster size Osborne had in Frost's playing days.  It will benefit us in the long run.

:blink: Ok, maybe in your own little world?

We just need to breathe and let Frost grow as a coach and let development continue.

Right now, like, after 3 years? 

You ripped Riley every night since day one - "the problem is coaching, coaching, coaching" .....but suddenly with 10-19 Coach Frost, "be patient and let it develop"  :facepalm:

As bad as Saturday was, some good things can emerge.....specifically from player leadership.

Good things... Frost... walkon... his future recruits... leadership... give it time... Emerge...  lol...

We suck.  And the hits just keep on coming   :band

1 minute ago, admo said:

:blink: Ok, maybe in your own little world?

Right now, like, after 3 years? 

You ripped Riley every night since day one - "the problem is coaching, coaching, coaching" .....but suddenly with 10-19 Coach Frost, "be patient and let it develop"  :facepalm:

Good things... Frost... walkon... his future recruits... leadership... give it time... Emerge...  lol...

We suck.  And the hits just keep on coming   :band

Well.....Riley never SNIFFED an undefeated season in his 1,000 years of coaching.

So plenty of Riley track record.

I hope Frost gets it going.  If you just want to post we suck until Frost gets canned, go for it.....

• Plus1 2

Just now, TheSker said:

Well.....Riley never SNIFFED an undefeated season in his 1,000 years of coaching.

So plenty of Riley track record.

I hope Frost gets it going.  If you just want to post we suck until Frost gets canned, go for it.....

Riley went 6-0 with the Huskers.  Ranked in top 10.  Was that not real enough for you?

I hope the Huskers get it going too, with Frost especially.  Because he's my guy.  But you said give it time, as if no Husker fan has thought of that in the past 20 games.  It's year three so far, and his staff and team are more than a few steps behind.  Like it or not, that's just how it is.

1 minute ago, admo said:

Riley went 6-0 with the Huskers.  Ranked in top 10.  Was that not real enough for you?

I hope the Huskers get it going too, with Frost especially.  Because he's my guy.  But you said give it time, as if no Husker fan has thought of that in the past 20 games.  It's year three so far, and his staff and team are more than a few steps behind.  Like it or not, that's just how it is.

It is indeed.

• Plus1 1