Iowa Week Pressers

Mavric

You mean to tell me the team with a lack of discipline in practice turns the ball over & commits way too many penalties? I’m shocked. Our practices should be so brutal that they are praying for the game come Saturday. I don’t mind doing a “fast Friday” as a reward for hard effort the rest of the week and some recovery. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Farms said:

Not trying to make a big deal out of nothing but I hearing them talk about growing mustaches after getting their asses handed to them Saturday is asinine.

Somehow they found the worst possible way to “respond” to the Illinois game.

Imagine Iowa was 1-3, and was on a 5 game losing skid to NU, and they said “We’re growing mustaches.” 

I don’t think I could be more ashamed of these guys. 

• Plus1 4

The mustaches don't bother me. Lots of guys do facial hair/haircuts as a bonding thing, it's not like they're taking time off of practice to groom them. Is it in my opinion a dumb way to come together as group? Sure. But what are the supposed to do, shave their heads and put on sackcloth and ashes? Give them a break, it takes no time or effort away from their football activities and I am all for anything teammates can bond over.

• Plus1 3